The Ice Hockey Thread

Discussion in 'Sports' started by Joseph Brant, Feb 16, 2014.

1. Joseph Brant

Joseph Brant Airbrush Aficionado

Any idea when Perds single game tickets go on sale?

2. Joseph Brant

Or actually why they all seem to go on sale the 28th except for select games, including the one I want to go to?

3. Joseph Brant

Igor Shestyorkin is putting up ridiculous numbers as a 21 year old in the KHL, has me excited for the post Lundqvist era.

Also looks like both #1 picks will be on the NYR opening roster.

4. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

Tolvanen too. 14 points in 12 games as an 18 yr old

5. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

Is this going to be the year Carolina finally makes the playoffs? It is past time, but this is the most exciting roster since I’ve lived here

6. Joseph Brant

They'd do it easily in the other division

7. Tar Volon

I know, Metro is brutal. I think the talent is there, I’m just worried about the attitude. We’re so used to losing that it seems like every time we get close to the playoff line, we just forget how to play hockey and lose five straight

8. chef65

chef65 Contributor

You won a Stanley Cup, that's more than the Predators will ever be able to claim.

9. Joseph Brant

There's almost certainly going to be a Metro team left out that's significantly better than the #3 in the Atlantic. It blows.

10. Tar Volon

I didn’t move to NC until 2011, so the Canes I know have never even made the playoffs.

11. Joseph Brant

Jacob Slavin is high end. He had some nice sequences vs McDavid last night.

12. Tar Volon

People outside of Raleigh are finally starting to notice. Dude is unreal. Seems like a genuinely good guy too

13. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

JB, give me something positive about the Blue Shirts.

14. Joseph Brant

We own the rights to the best goalie in the world not in the NHL, he's 21 and using cheat codes in the KHL.

Since Filip Chytil got sent down to Hartford he's better than a point a game and has lots of sizzle, of course if he gets called up Vignault will bury him like he has Buchnevich, another crusty old "Hockey Guy" who can't see that it's become a skill league.

Hanks getting benched vs Montreal, who honestly couldn't even score with Indy. So Pavalec it is.

The talent is there, but Vignault has lost it. If it were Stratego he's basically putting all of his 9's in the back row to start.

15. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

[uck fay] the Rangers.

16. NashVol11

NashVol11 Well-Known Member

Duchene to Ottawa, Turris to Nashville, but Colorado got a ton in return. Who wins?

17. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

That's a good trade for everyone. I think it easily improves Nashville the most short term.

Ottawa gets a signable replacement for Turris. Nashville gets the 2C they sorely needed. Colorado gets enough prospects and futures to make up for the loss. Girard is going to be a very good offensive 2nd pairing guy at the very least but his ceiling is very high. Kamenev is going to be a pretty good 3rd line center with offensive upside. Girard was blocked in Nashville for at least the next 3-4 years because he's wasted on the third pairing. With Turris coming in, Kamenev wasn't seeing anything above the 4th for 4 years either.

18. NashVol11

NashVol11 Well-Known Member

How do you feel about Fabbro? Haven't heard much about him lately

19. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

In this system I don't like him quite as much as Girard, because I think he is more of a Weber type (not saying that he will be that good, but that's more his game). But that's getting pretty nitpicky. His floor is probably a good second pairing DMan who can contribute offensively and on the power play. His ceiling is, much like Girard, sky high.

20. Joseph Brant

Montreal press predictably turning on Pacioretty, as well as starting rumors about the state of Carey Price's marriage.

But hey, they've got the pick of the litter as far as a Francophone GM and Coach so all's good, right?