The Ice Hockey Thread

Discussion in 'Sports' started by Joseph Brant, Feb 16, 2014.

1. bostonvol

bostonvol Chieftain

Damn Detroit, 10-1? I have a ton of respect for what Ken Holland has done, but Wings need to move in a different direction.

10SEvols likes this.
  2. Joseph Brant

Joseph Brant Airbrush Aficionado

He's one of the most overrated executives in sports. He can't comprehend how to build a roster in the cap era

10SEvols likes this.
  3. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

Or the team can act like some damn professionals and show some effort. Utterly disgraceful.

10SEvols likes this.
  4. Joseph Brant

Funny thing is that's like 2 weeks worth of goals for the Habs in one night

5. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

Expect for, you know, the fact they went to back to back Cup finals (and won 1) in the cap era.

6. Joseph Brant

With Nick, Pasha, and Z.

If you look at that roster, with the contracts for Abdelkader, Helm, Ericsson, and Dekeyser, among others, it's pretty clear that he can't adapt.

7. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

There wasn’t some exemption for those 3 guys that allowed Detroit to go over the cap to pay them. They were part of making the cap work too.

8. Joseph Brant

Yeah, 3rd worst goal differential with arguably the least talented roster in the league, and within $200k of the cap just screams "great management".

bostonvol likes this.
  9. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

Missed the playoffs for the first time in the cap era last year too.

But yeah, he’s overrated.

10. Joseph Brant

Yeah, those 3 playoff series wins in 7 seasons. Congrats on all those Music City Bowls.

Detroit hasn't gone to spring with a pitcher's chance of winning anything since Lidstrom retired, and that might be a little lenient.

11. Joseph Brant

Gotta think Ottawa will flip Duchene, was moronic getting him, they were bad before and have been worse since.

12. Joseph Brant

As someone with a deep appreciation for ridiculous things, the Jets playing and singing along to "My Heart Will Go On" in the room after wins is pretty impressive.

justingroves likes this.
  13. chef65

chef65 Contributor

I just want to say, [uck fay] all you guys who aren't preds fans.

YankeeVol likes this.
  14. Joseph Brant

We got a badass over here.

15. Joseph Brant

Grubbauer vs Pavalec might have been the best goalkeeper head to head I've watched this year. Go figure.

16. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

You misspelled Preds.

17. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

I like how we match up with the Blues. And pretty cool that we are showing last year wasn't fluke. I just dread the line of horrible musicians ready to destroy the Anthem and outdoor concerts by tone deaf singers and fans

Joseph Brant likes this.
  18. Joseph Brant

USA Canada was a hoot, but you really can't play a game that counts in a major international competition outside where they're clearing snow off the surface every 7 minutes.

19. Joseph Brant

The decent return the Rangers could've hoped for for Big [penis] Rick took a big hit with Patches being more or less guaranteed to be leaving Montreal

20. Joseph Brant

Anthony Duclair will be a star for Chicago.

Last edited: Jan 12, 2018