The Ice Hockey Thread

Discussion in 'Sports' started by Joseph Brant, Feb 16, 2014.

1. Joseph Brant

Joseph Brant Airbrush Aficionado

Ready to get things started, should be a fun season. Rangers have no expectations which I'm pretty comfortable with.

I think the defense will be better, less adventurous anyway. Hank is over the hill but still has enough to keep us out of the Jack Hughes conversation, unfortunately.

2. Joseph Brant

Looks like the end of the line for Zetterberg

3. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

I'm ready to watch the Preds.

Joseph Brant likes this.
  4. JayVols

Brandt, we need to meet up & go watch a game with emain this season.

5. Joseph Brant

Yessir.

You still taking the field ever? We're going down to the event at Fort Loudon Saturday, should be interesting for the little guy.

6. JayVols

No. Had to give it up.

7. Joseph Brant

Prospects tournament will be streaming on Fox Sports

8. Joseph Brant

And so ends the Pacioretty/Montreal saga.

Not a bad haul for Montreal considering how bad a mess the situation had become. Happy for Max

9. bostonvol

bostonvol Chieftain

So Stevie Y joins the Wings front office next summer as an advisor to Ken Holland, then takes over in ‘20? That has to be the plan.

10. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

It is. His family still lives in Detroit and it’s pretty clear that’s why he’s moving to this new role.

11. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

Canes had four goals from rookies yesterday and are off to our best start in franchise history. Yes, that says something about the sad state of the franchise, but I'm here for it.

Volgrad98 likes this.
  12. Joseph Brant

That pond hockey game was a hoot. I am having fun watching the baby Rangers. Not going to win much but man seeing the potential is great.

Chytil has the hands to make a run at 90 points a few times in his career.

Lose For Hughes.

13. Joseph Brant

Sabres first in the league with Rangers and Habs holding playoff spots past the quarter pole.

This league is a blast.

Also, I'm "Get off my lawn" personified, but I really like the Canes victory celebrations, they're giving the Iceland soccer celebrations a run for their money,

14. Joseph Brant

Moving to 32 teams it would be nice to bring back Patrick/Adams/Norris/Smythe divisions of 8 clubs each

15. Joseph Brant

Ovechkin looks like he'll make a run at Gretzky's goal total. Won't get there but he'll be closer than I'd have thought anyone would be

16. JayVols

The dang Preds need to get healthy. Arvidsson, Subban, & my man Forsberg being out SUCKS!

Getting Turris back last night had an immediate impact. I've had enough of watching Freddy Gaudreau and Mika Salomaki flail around on the ice.

17. Joseph Brant

Interesting commentary from the Stars' CEO regarding Benn and Seguin. Should end very well.

18. Joseph Brant

19. Joseph Brant

Not many things are as satisfying as Canada being knocked out of a major hockey tournament on Canadian soil.

Volgrad98 likes this.
  20. Joseph Brant

Think Nashville should really look at Kevin Hayes, they've got the talent pool to do it and I think he'd be Showtime there.

Fabbro, a high-mid skill base F prospect and a 1 would probably do it.