The Interview release canceled

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by emainvol, Dec 17, 2014.

1. hohenfelsvol

hohenfelsvol Beer run

Yep and it starts at the top.

2. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

I think they are legitimately scared of a hacker attack. Whether it be from not knowing how to combat it, or something else I'm not sure.

3. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

Yeah, Sony can't handle too many more breaches of security. I wouldn't be surprised if they were steering the theater chains towards the decision to not carry the movie.

4. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

Absolutely.

5. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

Negotiating with terrorists is not the way to win.

6. IP

IP Super Moderator

When you make a rational or intellectual comment in this thread, I will consider responding to it. Until then, go **** yourself.

7. OrangeEmpire

OrangeEmpire Take a chance, Custer did

http://www.cnn.com/2014/12/18/world/asia/north-korea-hacker-network/index.html?hpt=hp_t1

8. IP

IP Super Moderator

Wonder why Comcast doesn't throttle them? Treasonous.

9. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

10. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

Had the movie involved killing the Pope, instead, Sony would have claimed some deep devotion to artistic freedom at any cost, and released it, even if it meant rioting in the streets.

Hollywood is just about as intelligent and principled as your average toddler, as anyone who is paying attention will have long ago realized.

I can't wait to hear stars taking Sony to task for this decision. Or, my "freedom-loving" liberal friends demanding the absolute protection of the filmmakers freedom of speech, by protesting Sony's decision to cancel it. Right? These things will happen, right?

Liberals would capitulate to any risk, however small, unpopular, or remote.

Because they are f'ing cowards, by and large, is why.

11. IP

IP Super Moderator

I guess you don't know that those things have already happened. Oops.

12. OrangeEmpire

OrangeEmpire Take a chance, Custer did

13. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

Do you have an alert set up that tells you when someone uses the word liberal?

14. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

Sony clearly has never sat on a hill staring at a river before.

#sonydoesntwantit

15. JayVols

It's just a given. Like when ultra conservative folks, partiicularly politicians, talk that they are going to work the word "conservative" into the conversation about 500 times the needed rate.

16. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

That's a conservative estimate.

17. Volmaul

Volmaul New Member

Ridiculous political bullshit. When all else fails say the word liberal and rail on what is hated. Always works.

18. JayVols

Conservative values dictate that I give conservative estimates.

19. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

I can only imagine Tenny writing this with a smirk and twiddling his thumbs, sewing the seeds of discord. It's the only way I can make sense of this absurdity. Regardless, "Liberal Hollywood" is my favorite Tenny D trope.

But, since you rhetorically asked for all those celebrity condemnations that you were certain not to exist, well, here you go:

http://www.cnn.com/2014/12/18/showbiz/sony-hack-celebs-reaction/index.html?hpt=hp_t1

The rest of your rant is frittered away by the overwhelming outrage by liberals, which has already occurred and noted by the board liberals (In this thread, even), which really, really makes your last two sentences that much more idiotic.

20. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

I just woke my daughter's cat up because I laughed at that one.