The Interview release canceled

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by emainvol, Dec 17, 2014.

1. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

I don't think any accusations of conspiracies or agendas have been made.

2. IP

IP Super Moderator

Just heading that off at the pass. Note that Tenny is 0/2 on predicting the reaction from Hollywood, which undermines his wild-eyed description of the place/group/whatever.

3. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

I don't know... flirting with the unforgivable crime of inserting words into mouths...

4. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

I do live in the same city as the kardasians, but I don't know if I consider that Hollywood.

5. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

All you Cali people look alike to me....

6. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

I bet he has a winey ass voice like those Kardashians too

7. JayVols

I just hope he doesn't have those Kardashian breasts. That would be a tad awkward, imho.

8. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

Not necessarily more attractive. Just more likely to sleep their way up.

9. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

A not as funny Colbert, actually no, and a Direct TV commercial guy, who also had a cameo in Austin Powers (which is all hens ever done?)

Irony -- more people came out in support of Colbert signing off than came down on Sony.

If that is your list of celebrities, you've got nothing.

10. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

Not that I'm his agent or anything, but Lowe had had a decent little career. Otherwise, there was an article linked about George Clooney and there were more than just three, anyway. Besides, how many do I need? Are there any doing what Tenny said they would do?

11. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

Jimmy Kimmel created and was on The Man Show. Also, his late night is 10x better than Colbert's current schtick. Colbert is tiresome.

Apatow wrote Heavy Weights, 40 Year Old Virgin, Knocked Up, and Freaks & Geeks (also directed the last 3).

Rob Lowe was good in Tommy Boy.

Last edited: Dec 19, 2014
  12. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

To be fair it was not pulled by Sony until after Theater Groups said that they would not show it starting with Carmike Cinemas HQed in the conservative city of Columbus GA.

13. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

only have a b cup

14. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

jimmy kimmel is now a conservative?

15. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

why does there have to a conspiracy? they write what they know and think. and we certainly know people like Clooney and such create works to "inform" the public.

16. JayVols

Too bad.

17. gcbvol

gcbvol Fabulous Moderator

True. To be fair, though, that's generally true of most people. I see it most every day, be it politics or whatever topic. Hollywood folks and others with any type of celebrity simply have a bigger platform to have it on display.

18. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

Huh? I don't think you're following the line of conversation on this one.

19. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

Most of Hollywood push social welfare programs because it frees up disposable income to increase their profits.

20. IP

IP Super Moderator

Agreed that they write what they know and think.