POLITICS The January 6th Hearings

Discussion in 'Politicants' started by The Dooz, Jun 9, 2022.

1. gcbvol

gcbvol Fabulous Moderator

And the thing is if he does get elected in 2024 he won't leave office until he dies. That's why this is important. But, I believe you're correct in that it will not change anything. We're conditioned to believe something like that can't happen in this country, but it came close in 2020 and very likely will next time.

2. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

Ohhhkay, but what's the non-establishment narrative for Jan 6th?

3. IP

IP Super Moderator

That it wasn't that serious and the authorities over-reacted. That it was entrapment, because police let them in. That it really doesn't matter.

4. fl0at_

I would love for people to live in a country where, on election certification day, things like this happened all the time, because then, they'd get to see how much it does matter.

5. IP

IP Super Moderator

But if you sincerely believe your vote didn't count and the election was stolen, and it is your "team" doing this, then to you it is a good and proper thing. These people sincerely believe they are in a clear majority.

6. fl0at_

There is no way the majority of swing voters believe this.

The majority side on swing voters would probably be that they absolutely care about Jan 6, but don't believe anyone like them was there.

7. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Did you mean to post this in the NBA Thread?

8. IP

IP Super Moderator

The majority of swing voters is not strictly relevant with the way the senate works and the house is gerrymandered.

9. fl0at_

The majority of swing voters is absolutely crucial to the remarks I made, given the comment I responded to was about the impact on swing voters.

10. IP

IP Super Moderator

Show me in November.

11. fl0at_

Show what, it's impact? How?

You think the handful of close races that we'll have are a measure of anything?

12. IP

IP Super Moderator

Losing 50 seats to a party who backed trying to overthrow an election shows it doesn't matter

13. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

14. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

If you ignore the whole attempting to overthrow the government thing, theses are the the most entertaining Congressional hearings in maybe ever.

tvolsfan likes this.
  15. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

tvolsfan likes this.
  16. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

tvolsfan likes this.
  17. IP

IP Super Moderator

Whoa.

18. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Was he pleading the 5th on everything? Because he might have been blanket pleading everything. "General, do you like hamburgers?" " I exercise my 5th amendment rights."

Lawyer may have been telling him to do this.

19. fl0at_

I mean, the last time he said anything he almost ended up in prison. So it looks like he's capable of learning!

20. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator