POLITICS The January 6th Hearings

Discussion in 'Politicants' started by The Dooz, Jun 9, 2022.

1. IP

IP Super Moderator

Why is that a bombshell? Didn't all sorts of people ask for pardons from Trump at the end? Didn't Gaetz want like a blank check pardon?

2. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

That whole administration was full of insane zealots. Easily the worst President we have had post 19th Century, if not ever.

tvolsfan and Poppa T like this.
  3. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

I don’t know why it’s a bombshell. You’d have to ask the author. I was just sharing to add Meadows to the list of criminals who tried to get a pardon.

IP likes this.
  4. NorrisAlan

I wish "bombshell" and "legacy" would be removed from journalist's brains.

5. gcbvol

gcbvol Fabulous Moderator

Witness tampering at the end was a bigger deal in terms of new info, imo.

6. Poppa T

Poppa T Vol Geezer

Trying to grab the steering wheel and thinking he could throttle his lead Secret Service agent and make them was the only surprise for me.

Throwing food; not caring if Pence "hung"; wanting to be at the "rally" and the Capitol with his weaponized peeps (cause they are not there to hurt me); errbody scrambling for a pardon; witness tampering... not a surprise.

7. gcbvol

Whether anything ultimately happens, today was a very bad day for Trump and Meadows. Just ugly stuff.

tvolsfan likes this.
  8. NorrisAlan

Sad thing is, this will all mean zilch to his cult.

9. IP

IP Super Moderator

I am disturbed that he was apparently fine with Mike Pence being executed by a mob. It's barbaric.

10. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

At this point, who doesn't have enough evidence to indict (Georgia, New York, Attorney General, etc). Somebody needs to step up and get the ball rolling.

tvolsfan, gcbvol and NorrisAlan like this.
  11. NorrisAlan

12. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

Monica winning the Internet today.

NorrisAlan likes this.
  13. IP

IP Super Moderator

They fear reprisal, imo

14. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

The cult is the government. Watch as jack shit happens. It's all theater.

15. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

A group tries to overthrow the government because they don't like the outcome and trying to hold those responsible to account is "theater". Just because is politically beneficial for one party to expose treason on national television, doesn't make treason is OK. The argument is apparently since it didn't work it was ok.

tvolsfan likes this.
  16. IP

IP Super Moderator

both sides, etc.

17. gcbvol

Somewhat off-topic but I ventured over to VN for the first time in forever. Holy hell what a disaster the politics forum has become (and it was already a mess). We have our issues here, but at least we still have our sanity.

18. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

I thought he was supposed to be in the back of the President’s limo. Is he Reed Richards? Idk about all that. I haven’t paid much attention to this whole deal though

19. gcbvol

He was in an suv that day. At least that's the scoop.

20. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

Ok, even so, seems doubtful unless he was shotgun? Idk where they put his ass in an SUV

Also apparently this person’s testimony was secondhand?