The law suit just took a new turn and may be the end

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by Oldvol75, Feb 24, 2016.

1. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

This is not about a presentment of facts. It's a PR assault for cash.

No one will recall that this was a flailing attempt to remove the image portrayed at yesterday's presser with the coaches, once it's settled.

If he said something contrary elsewhere, and under oath, he'll be disqualified by the third question of the first deposition, and nobody knows that better than the Plaintiff's counsel.

It's pure sensationalism.

2. Tenacious D

Precisely. Settling with Debbie Jennings and not succumbing to the whims of the Lady Vol Lesbian Brigade has opened this door.

3. MettaWorldPeace

MettaWorldPeace Contributor

I cannot wait until TJ Quinn and Company start snooping around the Tennessee campus. I love Tennessee with all of my heart, but I love seeing frauds get exposed. I feel like this is only the tip of the iceberg.

Also - For the betting people on here, Vegas has the odds at -160 yes/ +140 no on Lyle Jones being the head coach at the start of the 2016 season.

4. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Wouldn't Bowles' entire testimony just be hearsay? Not sure they'd bother putting him under oath and on the stand. He didn't have anything to offer that the alleged victim couldn't provide.

5. Daddy Gee

Daddy Gee Chieftain

Listed on ESPN's top stories now.

6. RockyHill

RockyHill Loves Auburn more than Tennessee.

I was wrong. Carry on.

7. Tenacious D

Don't think for a second that Plaintiff's counsel isn't royally pissed that they aren't well down the path of a settlement discussion, at this point.

8. **TDCVOL**

**TDCVOL** Contributor

We are getting dragged through the mud like no other program that I can remember. Maybe Miami can compare but beyond that nothing else.

9. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

He testified in front of the grand jury. We know that. Now, I didn't know you could testify in front of a GJ and not be under oath, so that's news to me, but I'll defer to a legal expert. We still don't know what he said. But we do know he told the KNS nothing happened some time after he was in front of the GJ so the natural assumption is he told the GJ the same thing, under oath.

That's why I said apparently.

10. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

I didn't realize he testified. Just thought he talked to the police the night of the incident. I'd like to read his testimony.

11. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

Penn State

Also, OSU had to dump their coach around this time of year and ended up with Urban Meyer.

12. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

A Penn State coach was molesting little kids. We're not at that level, yet.

Unfortunately, we don't have any that post here.

13. hatvol96

hatvol96 Well-Known Member

Lying to a Grand Jury is perjury. Lying to the KNS is commendable.

14. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

That's pretty good

15. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

I laughed.

16. hatvol96

Grand Jury testimony is essentially secret. Unless Boles is called as a witness at trial of Johnson and Williams, whether or not what he told the KNS is what he said under oath will never be known.

17. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

True or not true, I hope for his sake he told the GJ the same thing his affidavit said.

18. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

Baylor has had some drama too.

19. Daddy Gee

Daddy Gee Chieftain

Jones trending on Twitter now. Great exposure!

20. hatvol96

Smart kid. I'll bet the two line up.