The Lincoln's Sports Grille Postgame Report.

Discussion in 'Keith Hatfield Memorial Vols Hoops' started by hatvol96, Dec 14, 2013.

1. hatvol96

hatvol96 Well-Known Member

1. The last 15 minutes of the first half was as good as UT has played defensively under Cuonzo Martin. That level of play would carry this group a long way.
    2. The game was lost in the sequence where the lead for Wichita went from two to nine at 51-49. The Vols did all of the things that get you beat on the road.
    3. Jarnell Stokes and Jeronne Maymon simply aren't big or athletic enough to be productive against quality size.
    4. Tennessee's defense on Ron Baker was really good. The only problem was that the focus on him allowed Tekele Cotton to go crazy.
    5. Look at Trae Golden's numbers against Wichita State last year and Antonio Barton's stats for this game. Yeah, we made a real upgrade.
    6. AJ Davis is going to be the best player recruited by Cuonzo Martin. With proper development, he could be a pro.
    7. Robert Hubbs has to be more aggressive offensively. He's too talented to just float through games.
    8. The tougher team usually wins. That certainly happened today.
    9. Gregg Marshall has Wichita State selling out huge arenas off campus. That's what great coaches build.
    10. Wednesday night is do or die for UT. A loss sends this thing into the abyss.

Last edited: Dec 14, 2013
  2. BigOrangeBeech

BigOrangeBeech Poster of the Month, July 2014 and recruiting guy!

If they can't get any more production out of Stokes and Maymon than they did today on the offensive end this team will not make the tournament.

3. hohenfelsvol

hohenfelsvol Beer run

Appears we have yet another roller coaster year coming up.

4. ben4vols

ben4vols Contributor

I didn't even know they played today. Saw the score scroll across the bottom of ESPN during the Heisman. I gave up on Martin last year. Good guy, terrible coach. I watched a few of the games early this season and it was the same ol shit. They are really hard to watch. I see we were 6-20 from 3 today and terrible all around from the floor. Typical. The good thing is the SEC sucks donkey [penis] as a conference so who knows, maybe we win the conference and get into the tourney that way. We have some talent but I don't know if it can overcome the coaching.

5. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

the most disconcerting thing was how the wheels just totally came off. if they'd played it out like the first half and lost by a bucket, it's still a loss, but the last ten minutes just leave you shaking your head