The Lucky Colts Thread

Discussion in 'Sports' started by chavisut, Aug 13, 2011.

1. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

It is hard to appreciate how poorly constructed the roster has been for years, but last night helped quite a bit.

2. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Angerer is awesome.

3. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

if they get luck and manning comes back this could be an ugly situation.

4. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

agreed

5. justingroves

justingroves supermod

True but Luck's smart enough to not throw a shit fit if he doesn't start immediately and Colts fans will be begging for Peyton after this season.

6. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

i don't see a luck problem. peyton doesn't strike me as the type to retire anytime soon unless he's medically forced to. i wouldn't be surpised at all to see a young/montana type situation. obviously early to speculate though. if i was the colts i'd probably pray peyton will get back near 100% and force someone to give me a hershall walker type compensation for the #1 pick.

7. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I would have said the same thing until he had neck surgery. That's got to scare you a little bit.

8. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

scare you yes, but he's a little nuts.

9. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Dude played every game for close to 4 years in college and then over 13 in the pros. Probably started all his games in high school, too. I'd say he might have a bit of an invincibility complex, even after neck surgery.

10. USAF_Vol

USAF_Vol Super Mod / Defender of Freedom

Chavis, please make me a caldwell "I have no idea what is going on" gif avatar. TIA

11. USAF_Vol

USAF_Vol Super Mod / Defender of Freedom

I have Julio on my fantasy team. He is killing the colts....how should I feel about this? I am leaning towards awesome.

12. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

Thought a title change was appropriate.

13. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Colts staving off 0-11 for another week.

14. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Oh Shiz. Colts fixin to win.

15. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Well, looks like they may have played themselves out of the Andrew Luck sweepstakes.

16. tidwell

tidwell Chieftain

Dan Orlovsky is a winner who just wins football games. Plain and simple.

17. Out of the three 2-win teams, St. Louis is the one most likely to finish with the worst record while being the one that doesn't have an immediate or upcoming need for a francise QB, granted Bradford has regressed. It'll be interesting to see who lands Luck.

18. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

I personally think this is the start of a 20+ game win streak.

19. 615 Vol

615 Vol Chieftain

I'd be interested in knowing the tie-breaker that sets up the draft order. I think it's either strength of schedule or conference record.

20. 615 Vol

615 Vol Chieftain

I wonder if it wouldn't be more valuable for the Rams to draft Luck and make Bradford a nice trade piece if they get the first pick.