The Michael Whitehead Post Game Thread

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by PilotFlyingJ, Nov 9, 2019.

1. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

Jordan sent the kid he blocked flying.

Memtownvol likes this.
  2. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Why hasnt JG run like that the last 3 years. He looks capable.

3. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

That was one of those blocks you could hear.

Memtownvol likes this.
  4. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Yeah. Took it right out from under Kennedy and chucked it.

5. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Pruitt just said "we got a lot to prove".

6. Dalekanium

Dalekanium Chieftain

Loved the game from JG. He gave the team an extra bit of energy after a first half that looked pretty hopeless to me.

7. VOLinDAWGland

VOLinDAWGland Contributor

Sherrer for me but it's close.

8. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

Bituli with 19 tackles. We are going to miss him, maybe, as much as Jennings next year.

Memtownvol likes this.
  9. Volgrad98

Volgrad98 Contributor

Agreed, but Henry T is a stud. We need someone that can play alongside him.

Memtownvol likes this.
  10. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

Those two and Callaway will all be big losses. I haven’t followed recruiting as well as I used to lately, but by year three Pruitt I figure should’ve had time to replace them. Maybe not with stars, but at least with SEC-caliber players, and have stars emerge elsewhere

11. Tar Volon

That was great work from JG and Jordan.

Also not sure if this is good or bad, but I was sitting there in my living room begging to fake a run left and have JG keep it around the right end on that last 3rd and 4. Was still scared that he’d screw it up, but he nailed it.

Memtownvol likes this.
  12. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Don’t really think we have comparable replacements ready next season.

Defense will still probably be better overall.

Offense you’d think takes a step back without all the wide receivers and no significant upgrades to a mediocre run game.

13. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Him pulling a Tua and fumbling with no one near him while rolling out would have been the most Tennessee/Guarantano thing of all time.

14. Tar Volon

No, certainly not comparable replacements. It’s hard to replace your best players with comparable replacements. But if we can replace them with genuine, starting-caliber players (as opposed to “oh no we have to play this guy hope he doesn’t kill us” players), and if we have progression elsewhere (for instance, perhaps our ultra-talented freshman tackles turn into all-SEC-caliber tackles), then it works. I feel like that’s how college football goes everywhere except Bama right now. The most famous example being Peyton to Tee. Huge downgrade at QB, but Lewis and Henry took steps forward, and Al wouldn’t let anybody lose.

Memtownvol likes this.
  15. Tar Volon

Forgot to add: and required a 4th down conversion. UK didn’t do crap against us all game without using all four downs.

Incidentally, this game reinforces my opinion that a good offense that’s willing to use all four downs would be almost unstoppable. Kentucky was totally one-dimensional and still did fine outside the red zone.

16. BigOrangeBeech

BigOrangeBeech Poster of the Month, July 2014 and recruiting guy!

I was thinking the same thing except I was willing to be even a little braver and let him throw it if need be. We desperately needed to end the game right there.

Memtownvol and Tenacious D like this.
  17. awebb7

awebb7 Contributor

what about when our assistant coach stabbed that Kentucky player in the face and we got a personal foul?

18. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Pretty sure our coach pulled a pistol.

19. Memtownvol

Memtownvol Member

You guys have it all wrong! That was his [penis] he slapped the Kentucky player in the face with that got the personal foul.

20. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Brandon Johnson looked like a good receiver in 2017 and kind of disappeared. He's pulling a Travis Stephens and red shirting to be "the guy" next year. That helps, but there's still a lot of unproven there in 2020

PilotFlyingJ likes this.