The MLB Off-Season Thread

Discussion in 'Sports' started by robvols, Nov 1, 2012.

1. robvols

robvols Member

2. robvols

robvols Member

3. Volguy1971

Volguy1971 Sith Lord

Speaking of Dallas, if you're ever there, check out Bone Daddy's House of Smoke.....Great food, even better atmosphere.

Check it out: About Bone Daddy's House of Smoke

4. tankervol

tankervol Member

5. robvols

robvols Member

It's official, Grienke is a Dodger (6/147 mil)

6. 10SEvols

10SEvols Member

I think the Rays reload and the Royals stay in the shadows of the A.L. Central. Although a weak division it's not nearly enough to beat out the Tigers and the rest of the division the next 2 years.

Last edited: Dec 10, 2012
  7. WM

WM Active Member

Myers was a huge get for a team that desperately needs some offensive pop. Obviously not as much for this upcoming season as i doubt he will come up before that magic date in July. Six years of control is great though.

8. britt1974

britt1974 New Member

Goodvtrade for both teams but I think the Rays slightly got the upper hand in this one. The thing to look at is that they both traded something they coul afford to let go and filled some voids that they had. KC added depth to the rotation. Myers can flat out hit and they have 6 years left with him. Look for them to give him a decent sized extension this year or next as they did to longoria early in his career which has ended up being a HUGE bargain.

9. britt1974

britt1974 New Member

This years Marlins.

10. britt1974

britt1974 New Member

They'll compete in that divisio better than the Marlins did but they need to take notes from their rival in the bay area. Neither are great power hitting parks. You almost have to spend on pitching and use kind of a small ball approach offensively. Good sign for them but they still have too much big money tied up in offense for their park I believe.

11. The Reds are very close to trading for Shin-Soo Choo. Stubbs and DiDi Gregorious are names involved.

12. OrangeEmpire

OrangeEmpire Take a chance, Custer did

Hmmmmmmmmm

13. robvols

robvols Member

14. I like getting Stubbs out of Cinci and I like Choo's OBP at the top of the lineup. The only thing that worries me is Choo's defense in CF.

15. robvols

robvols Member

Where does phenom, Billy Hamilton, fit in for next season?

16. AAA Louisville for the entire year would be my best guess. Depends on how well he transitions to CF.

17. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

Is this a real person?

18. Yes. May have misspelled the last name. SS prospect with a very good glove but not a good bat.

19. dknash

dknash Chieftain

*Diddy Gregarious

20. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

Fantastic name. Damn I hate the Reds.