The MLB Off-Season Thread

Discussion in 'Sports' started by robvols, Nov 1, 2012.

1. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

Wow, that is a great ****ing trade for the Reds.

Honestly, vkb, I think this means Bruce in center.

2. Joseph Brant

Joseph Brant Airbrush Aficionado

3. robvols

robvols Member

Potential early favorite for ROY

4. robvols

robvols Member

Tribe, D-backs, Reds complete nine-player deal | MLB.com: News

Interesting the Reds may get another Brandon Phillips like project in Chris Donald from the Indians.

Trevor Bauer to the Indians-I guess Montero didn't like him

Stubbs may benefit in the AL.

Everybody was waiting for the Justin Upton, three-team trade and you get this.

5. britt1974

britt1974 New Member

CF will be Billy Hamiltons before the season's up. One other reason to move Stubbs.

6. britt1974

britt1974 New Member

If he has done what he has every step through the minors he will force them to bring him up by the break. He's old enough that they don't have to do this each step plan with him.

7. britt1974

britt1974 New Member

I think Bauer made the front office mad with some of very opinionated views on topics other than baseball in social media. That's why they want to move him. Not because of performance.

8. robvols

robvols Member

9. dknash

dknash Chieftain

147 million desires to win, to be exact.

10. robvols

robvols Member

Hoopla on the Ryu signing. Must be that good to give the Dodgers that much confidence.

11. robvols

robvols Member

Next pitcher available of value is Aniabel Sanchez. Tigers want to resign him but worried the Rangers may go after him because they lucked out of the Zach Grienke sweepstakes.

12. If billy was going to be called up next year they wouldn't have resigned ludwick and traced for choo. They will let him learn cf in Louisville.

13. robvols

robvols Member

Anything is now possible thanks to Mike Trout. If Hamilton has a hell of a Spring Training, and makes a splash at Louisville, then he will be getting the Longoria treatment.

14. I love billy Hamilton but he is not mike trout. He has plenty to work on at the plate and in the of.

15. robvols

robvols Member

Can you believe it, there's somebody else spending more money than the Yankees.

The Dodgers payroll is well over 200 mil after the Grienke signing. Now they will be tapped as World Series favorites.

16. robvols

robvols Member

Yup, I agree. The thing going for him is the speed.

17. robvols

robvols Member

18. robvols

robvols Member

The Red Sox are looking into Ryan Dempster.

19. RoadTrip

RoadTrip New Member

That could happen until Hamilton is ready.

20. RoadTrip

RoadTrip New Member

Reds are stop gapping for a year with Choo it appears.