The NBA Thread.

Discussion in 'Sports' started by GahLee, Oct 27, 2012.

1. NashVol11

NashVol11 Well-Known Member

Member when Bill Simmons saw a “top 5 player” in a guy who’s now third-best on his own team? And you were all over it because Bill Simmons said so and because stats?

2. kidbourbon

kidbourbon Well-Known Member

Cool story, but it belongs in the fiction aisle, brofessor. Do your normally just make shit up and try to pass it off as something that happened? i can play.

Member when I gave your mom that Cleveland Steamer?

3. kidbourbon

kidbourbon Well-Known Member

And those "stats" things you referred to. I've actually heard they're kind of important. Like, for example, wouldn't, "points" be a thing that falls under the stats umbrella? And, correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't "points" the thing that they put on the scoreboard to determine who is declared the winner of a competitive basketball game? Is that how it works? Or did I get that mixed up with something else? I'll of course defer to you on the answer, because clearly you're really smart.

4. NashVol11

He listed him as the 4th-most valuable player in the league, explicitly called him a top-10 player which you bolded and co-signed, and said he was the best power forward in the league. Play semantics all you want, but the only “fiction” was him (or you) acting like he knew a damn thing about basketball.

5. NashVol11

Points on a shit team don’t mean a thing. If you took a G-League team and put it into the NBA, someone would average 18 and 10 and it still wouldn’t mean they were an elite player. Somehow, after years of being wrong, you still haven’t realized that.

6. bostonvol

bostonvol Chieftain

RIP Jo Jo White

7. Volnbama

Volnbama Contributor

I’d make that trade 10/10 again

NashVol11 likes this.
  8. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

All day long.

9. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

I love that they convinced Westbrook he was the last pick in the all-star draft because his name was last on an alphabetical order list.

10. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

He’s a rocket surgeon and fashion expert at the same time.

11. bostonvol

bostonvol Chieftain

That sucks for Demarcus Cousins

12. bostonvol

bostonvol Chieftain

Blake Griffin to the Pistons, interesting.

13. bostonvol

bostonvol Chieftain

So in the past seven months the Cavs have traded Kyrie Irving, Isaiah Thomas, Channing Frye and a 1st rd pick for:

Jae Crowder
    Jordan Clarkson
    Larry Nance
    Ante Zizic
    Boston’s 2018 1st rd pick (via Brooklyn)
    Boston’s 2020 2nd rd pick (via Miami)

14. NashVol11

Kyrie, Channing and a 1st, not Isaiah. But yeah, that Boston trade isn't looking so good for Cleveland now.

15. dknash

dknash Chieftain

The roster was too good for LeBron to leave as a victim, won't be a problem now.

16. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

His absolute need to pound the ball makes everyone else a sideshow. Be diffeeent if he could shoot from any real range.

17. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

Cavs signing Yu Darvish as well.

lylsmorr likes this.
  18. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

I just got word I’ve been traded by the Cavs. I didn’t even know I played for them.

NashVol11 likes this.
  19. NashVol11

Cleveland traded half its team, this is fun

20. NashVol11

As JQK alluded to, Isaiah, Frye, Crowder, Rose, Shumpert, Wade all gone. Rodney Hood, George Hill, Jordan Clarkson and Larry Nance Jr. are new Cavs.