The NBA Thread.

Discussion in 'Sports' started by GahLee, Oct 27, 2012.

1. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Pelicans gonna trade Davis?

2. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

[​IMG]
    When you stun Shaq, you know it is time to get out.

3. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

Have you seen his free throw motion?

Dude gets paid like 20 million coconuts a year, you'd think someone would try to show him how to shoot free throws.

4. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Never been a big Harden fan, but my god, you can’t deny the greatness of this run he’s on.

I wonder how long he can keep it up? How long does he have to in order to lock up the MVP?

5. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Hes awesome. Basketball is easier when 3 or 4 steps doesnt matter

utvol0427 likes this.
  6. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

I don’t ever really know what to make of performances like last night. 13 for 32 isn’t exactly amazing.

7. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

8. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

9. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Couple thoughts:

1. Harden scoring 38 points while going 1-17 from behind the arc in a loss pretty much sums him up as a player, in my mind.

2. If anyone is still wondering who the MVP is, the LeBron-less Lakers just lost to LeBron’s former team and current worst team in the league, the Cleveland Cavaliers. Just to add to the fun, the Lakers were 4th in the West prior to the injury and are now tied for 8th.

10. NashVol11

NashVol11 Well-Known Member

Why? He's usually pretty efficient and his teams usually win.

11. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Is a 43% season shooting average really that efficient for a guy some are calling the best offensive player of all time?

Does a guy shooting 17 3's and missing 16 in a single game sound like a guy you want on your team, or does it sound more like a guy who's just trying to get his?

12. NashVol11

His effective FG% is 54%, because he gets to the line so much and because 3s are worth more than 2s. So yes, putting the ball in his hands gets you an efficient offense, and last year’s was one of the best ever.

It sounds like one game where he wasn’t making shots. Houston doesn’t want him to stop shooting, especially with someone like Austin Rivers as the alternative.

Your view of Harden seems more like a description of Kobe Bryant.

13. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Is that 54% for the season? If so, where does it rank, in comparison to other NBA players?

14. NashVol11

54th, 11th among guards but some of the people ahead of him are guys like Malik Beasley who don’t play much.

https://www.teamrankings.com/nba/player-stat/efg-percentage

Looking at the positions of the top 20 or so also paints a picture of what an outlier Curry is.

15. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Stephen A talking about Kyrie potentially going to the Lakers.

I’m not really sure how the West Coast edition of the LeBron and Kyrie show topples the Warriors unless Durant decides to go elsewhere.

16. GahLee

GahLee Director of Conspiracy Theories, 8th Maxim

Cousins came back and looked pretty good. They are going to start crushing folks.

17. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

I can't take NBA seriously when I see harden take 4 steps to take a stepback 3. Unreal

18. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

Then shuffles his feet to get them set before shooting. He's garbage.

lylsmorr likes this.
  19. GahLee

GahLee Director of Conspiracy Theories, 8th Maxim

I hate watching him play.

YankeeVol and Volgrad98 like this.
  20. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

You sure he didn't crab dribble?