The NBA Thread.

Discussion in 'Sports' started by GahLee, Oct 27, 2012.

1. GahLee

GahLee Director of Conspiracy Theories, 8th Maxim

Grizz get 2nd pick again with a cant miss prospect on the board.

2. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

Whew. 1 down, 3 to go.

3. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

There was no game 7. I don’t know what you’re getting at here, but yes, game 6 against Houston was just as easy. They beat them in Houston, without their best player, and with Steph scoring 0 points in the entire first half.

I said all year long that Houston wasn’t a true challenger. You all have fallen into this trap of thinking the Warriors are no longer a full step above every other team in the league when everything in front of your eyes says otherwise.

And now here we are, praising Steph and acting as if a home playoff win over the [uck fay]ing Blazers is an accomplishment. Houston was supposed to be the biggest challenge. They weren’t. Now people want to say the Bucks. That’s fine. I’ll believe it when I see it, but in the meantime, while we wait for that match up, let’s not pretend that the Warriors beating the Blazers is interesting, exciting, or even the least bit unexpected.

Last edited: May 16, 2019
  4. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Reportedly going with Morant.

5. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

Bucks beat the top 4 teams in the west 6 out of 8 times this year. They'll be a worthy opponent.

6. GahLee

Cant blame them. Good size for a PG, athletic and can shoot. Willing passer.

Interesting to see how he responds to much higher competition and having much better teammates.

7. CardinalVol

Yup, can also get a king's ransom for Conley as well.

8. GahLee

I like Conley, just not at 30 million a year.

9. CardinalVol

Great ball player that was key in those teams a few years back. But they are rebuilding and someone will offer a lot of youth for him. And yes, he ain't worth 30M

10. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

I’m not sure why that stat matters. The Warriors aren’t having trouble with any team in the West.

Will Portland even be favored over them in game 3 or 4 at home? If Durant doesn’t play?

I don’t think the Bucks stand a chance against GS, but I’ll be happy to eat crow if they prove me wrong.

11. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

its possible Bone went to the draft for the simple fact that he would blow up at the combine and he was ready physically. He has bested the speed and vertical numbers of Westbrook. 42 inch vert.

12. GahLee

I'm not sure they can get a hell of a lot for him. He will be 32 and his salary pays him roughly 100 million over the next 3 seasons.

Wouldnt be the worst idea to keep him to mentor Morant, should they draft him, if the pot isnt sweet enough to move him.

13. GahLee

I see no reason he cant be a starting point guard one day.

14. GahLee

Yup.

15. NashVol11

NashVol11 Well-Known Member

...and 35 in the second half of a series-clinching game after you were saying he was overrated or "not clutch" or whatever other garbage. I think it's funny that you are the one bringing this up.

And this even more so, given that every game in the entire 6-game series was within 6 points, and that they split the four games WITH Durant. Looks like a pretty genuine challenge to me. You were saying they were miles better than the rest of the league even without Steph, no?

CardinalVol and GahLee like this.
  16. GahLee

Going to create a new account so I can give this two likes.

17. GahLee

Portland fell to pieces at the end. Pick and roll defense was as bad as I have ever seen down the stretch. I can live with Curry making contested three's over straight rim runs by Green.

Lillard doesn't look right, can't call it but something seems off. I thought this could go 6, maybe even 7 but the Blazers needed this one, badly.

18. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Never once said not clutch. Definitely said overrated. Most recently pointed out the drop in his numbers during the playoffs, as opposed to almost every single other superstar in the NBA, who have increased.

And the reason I’ve said overrated, for the millionth time, is that he gets a ton of credit for multiple titles despite disappearing during huge stretches of the playoffs and benefiting from his all star teammates picking up the slack. I know you all have forgotten how horrible he was for the first 75% of the playoffs, but some of us haven’t.

They split the four games with Durant because the league let Houston play a physical style that was completely different from anything normally allowed. Anyone with an ounce of basketball knowledge saw that and recognized that Houston doesn’t win without that help. And I’m not even sure that makes a difference as to whether Houston was a challenge. The Warriors beat them in 6 while missing their best player in the last 6 quarters. Do the Bucks win a game against anyone left in the playoffs right now if Giannis goes down? What about the Raptors if Kawhi gets hurt? Or the Blazers if they lose Lillard? The answer is no, in each case.

And no, I didn’t say that, but at least you’re still consistent with putting words in my mouth. I’ve said that they’re miles better than the rest of the league if you REPLACE Steph with another solid PG, such as Lillard or Kemba. Of course, that’s when Durant’s healthy. Bottom line, Steph is phenomenal, but it’s easier to win championships when you can shoot 2-10 from 3 and watch Durant drop 50+ or Klay drop 30+ to still win.

19. GahLee

The Warriors have an all-time great winning clip without Durant and almost all of that success is predicated on Curry's shooting ability. Deny all you want, the greatest shooter who ever lived is the Rudolph of this outfit.

20. GahLee

Indy is retarded.
    Should win every faildozer contest gong forward until the end of time.
    Legit moron.