The NBA Thread.

Discussion in 'Sports' started by GahLee, Oct 27, 2012.

1. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

2. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Everybody is saying Kawhi is going to the Lakers, but if that's the case, why is he taking so long to announce it? He's only hurting them by delaying the announcement.

But if he was to stay with Toronto... Well in that case, delaying the announcement makes sense, as it prevents the Lakers from signing the multiple role players they likely would have signed if Kawhi had turned them down from the beginning.

That would be a helluva heel move.

3. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

At the beginning he said he would give the Raptors the last meeting.

4. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

But they're all meeting with him in LA.

A-Smith likes this.
  5. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

I may cry

6. IP

IP Super Moderator

7. NashVol11

NashVol11 Well-Known Member

Memphis has less cap space now than they had before, haha. You just really hate Parsons

8. NashVol11

They would have been better off keeping Parsons and using the second roster spot to take on another bad contract and get a pick (like they did for Iguodala) instead of essentially splitting the Parsons contract among two roster spots like they did here, but I’m not sure whether they had enough cap space to pull that off.

9. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

I figure those two can be moved a lot easier than one whack contract.

10. NashVol11

Yeah, you might be right. Not many teams will have $25 million in room, especially when the salary floor is ~11 million short of the cap.

11. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

The whole Kawhi sweepstakes is getting old. How is it that almost every other notable free agent in the league had his decision made before or right at the opening of the FA period, but Kawhi needs a full week or more to decide?

And what’s with the whole “don’t leak any information about these meetings” thing? The desire to keep things secret just makes him look like an overly sensitive control freak.

And honestly, I don’t think he wins another title if he sticks with Toronto. So just choose the Lakers already and be done with it.

12. RockyHill

RockyHill Loves Auburn more than Tennessee.

I think you’re way overthinking this. He’s just a weird guy that’s probably been watching Netflix all week.

justingroves and utvol0427 like this.
  13. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

I like this front office trying to get rid of some of the dead weight left by Chris Wallace

14. NashVol11

My friend pointed out that this may be the first time that all of the Tennessee pro teams actually have good GMs. Hard to argue.

15. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Bone, grant or admiral play any summer league yet? Ive literally never watched but will give me reason this summer.

16. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

I'm soaking it in until they inevitably fire the competent people, like they did with Lionel.

NashVol11 likes this.
  17. bostonvol

bostonvol Chieftain

Kawhi and Paul George to the clippers.

“The Clippers are sending the Thunder four unprotected first-round picks, one protected first-round pick and two pick swaps, league sources tell ESPN. Those picks go to OKC with Gallinari and SGA.”

Last edited: Jul 6, 2019
  18. NashVol11

I love the NBA

19. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Holy shit

20. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

Wait, five first round picks? L.A. teams must think Armageddon is around the corner the way the Lakers and Clippers have given away these picks.