The NBA Thread.

Discussion in 'Sports' started by GahLee, Oct 27, 2012.

1. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Two things I'm seeing a lot of people say/believe that I don't really understand:

1. The Bucks are a top 2 team in the league and a legitimate title contender.

Did no one else watch them get absolutely dismantled by Kawhi and the Raptors last year? The blueprint for stopping Giannis has been identified, so until the dude develops a jump shot, I just don't see them having what it takes to win it all.

2. If Kawhi wins this year, he will enter into the top echelon of players with guys like MJ and LeBron. I've seen people point to his number of titles at his age in comparison to MJ and LeBron.

Can we take a look at his title winning teams?
    • He won his first title with the Spurs, one of the undeniably best run franchises in the NBA, with a 20+ year track record of success and one of the hands down best coaches in the league. He had 3 hall of fame players who, though they were on the back end of their careers, were still very serviceable, and one of them is a top 10 player all time. He was 3rd on the team in scoring, 6th on the team in assists, and tied for 2nd in rebounds. He was obviously great defensively and led the team in steals, but this Spurs championship was as much of a "team" effort as you can get.

• He won last year with the Raptors. They beat a Warriors team missing its best player and missing its 3rd best player for significant time in the Finals. On top of that, the Raptors had the 2nd best record in the NBA the year before he arrived, so let's not pretend he dragged a team full of scrubs to glory. He was the piece that sent an already very talented team over the top against a team that had major injuries to key players. It is what it is.

• The Clippers title is obviously hypothetical at this point, but let's assume he gets it. They were a playoff team IN THE WEST last year, and you're adding another very solid player in PG, who many people think is a top three 2-way player in the league.
    All titles are not created equal.

2. GahLee

GahLee Director of Conspiracy Theories, 8th Maxim

3. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Westbrook to the Rockets for Chris Paul.... interesting...

4. dknash

dknash Chieftain

Westbrook and Harden, what could go wrong

5. bostonvol

bostonvol Chieftain

Sam Presti playing the long game. They’ve acquired seven first round picks and the right to four pick swaps in the last week.

6. GahLee

They'll have enough picks to draft another core, doubt they get so lucky, as they did originally. I don't see how Harden and Westbrook can co-exist. Looks like a complete desperation move on their part. they mortgaged their future for a guy that doesn't fit their system, at all.

7. bostonvol

bostonvol Chieftain

lol at getting kicked out of a summer league game. Once a [itch bay] always a [itch bay].

8. bostonvol

bostonvol Chieftain

Btw Grant has 21 points on 4-5 from three. I know it’s summer league, but he’s looked really good.

9. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

If this was the 80s or 90s NBA, Allen would've gotten his ass kicked a long time ago. But, they don't do the fight stuff anymore. Thanks, Ron Artest.

10. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Grayson Allen can still go [uck fay] himself.

11. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Am and always will be a fan of letting players police the game. [itch bay]es like Allen don't last long in that.

12. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Grant such a great guy and more than likely impossible to get him to fight but I wouldn't mess with Grant. Strong as shit and probably already knows your moves and his counter.

13. Ssmiff

Grant is +85 thru 4 undefeated summer league games. Boston fans and media going nuts over him. It would be fun to watch and enjoy NBA again and Grant, Admiral and Bone may give a reason

14. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Wow, that’s a big stat.

We’ve been wanting to take a trip up to Boston. If he starts getting some PT, we’d definitely go to a game.

15. Ssmiff

And Grayson Allen was -25ish last night.

16. Ssmiff

You know he would stop in warmups to say hello for the power T

17. GahLee

Grant's physical limitations are going to be tough to overcome.

18. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

He has struggled today.

19. GahLee

He has to become a really good spot up 3 ball shooter because it's going to be struggle inside

20. GahLee

The last one drafted will have the best career.