The NBA Thread.

Discussion in 'Sports' started by GahLee, Oct 27, 2012.

1. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

[uck fay] China.

2. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

Easily the best thing the NBA has given us this decade: a lot to appreciate here.

TheOrangeEmpire likes this.
  3. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

[​IMG]

4. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

Pissing away another 19 point lea by the Bucks, who look incredibly mediocre this year. I suspected the loss of Brogdon would be a big problem, but they felt they had to keep the most overrated All-Star in the league in Middleton.

5. CardinalVol

Warriors may be the worst team in the league as of last night.

6. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

I've watched more nba so I can watch celts and sixers vfls in this short season than I have combined in the last several. Grant struggled last night and actually looked gunshy but did 3-4 little things to help the comeback.
    Uni always on UT about defending pick and roll, and Bucks couldn't do anything about the high pick. It's the best play in basketball, especially when moving picks are allowed by 7 footers.

7. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Heading up to Boston in a month for a weekend trip. Probably going to go to a Celtics game decked out in UT gear.

We also need to get down to a Wizards game to support the Admiral soon. I didn't realize he was getting significant minutes, but the stat line suggests he had a great game this past Saturday.

8. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Bron has looked significantly better so far this season. 3rd triple double in a row tonight.

Last edited: Nov 15, 2019
  9. CardinalVol

10. Ssmiff

11. NashVol11

NashVol11 Well-Known Member

12. 2Maggitt2Quit

2Maggitt2Quit Chieftain

Memphis Update - Ja is fun as hell. Memphis's young pieces are looking really solid so far.

13. CardinalVol

Grizz may not be God awful this year. Fun to watch.

14. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

If Paul George can do that consistently, no one is touching the Clippers.

15. Ssmiff

used to be a fan of Popovich as he would rock the boat, then he came out with some pretty one sided comments on some subjects, ok, that's fine. Another thread is dedicated for that. Still respect him and he's dry wit. But now i'm tired of hearing him. He's getting whipped lately, latests belittling comments to a reporter that he doesn't care what other teams do, he's worried about what his team does. You are last in defensive efficiency, which means your defense has no idea what they are doing, and is unaware of what other offenses are doing, so maybe you should knock down the arrogance over a good question.

16. 2Maggitt2Quit

2Maggitt2Quit Chieftain

I got a kick out of him saying the team's struggles were fake news and the losses didn't actually happen.

17. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

NBA looking at sweeping changes to entire playoff seeding, to follow the European soccer model:

Fewer but more meaningful games via longer playoff and which ends in the truly 2-best team format...and lots more money...seems like a no-brainer.

Baseball should do the exact same, but won’t, because Babe Ruth once said that he didn’t like it, and to change the format is to destroy all of the folksy baseball-is-constant silliness.

Link:
    https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id...eding-conference-finalists-postseason-play-in

IP likes this.
  18. 2Maggitt2Quit

2Maggitt2Quit Chieftain

This sounds awesome.

19. IP

IP Super Moderator

This sounds like a really good idea.

20. bostonvol

bostonvol Chieftain

I understand why they only want to reseed starting in the conference finals, but I wish they’d just seed the playoff teams 1-16.

utvol0427 likes this.