The NBA Thread.

Discussion in 'Sports' started by GahLee, Oct 27, 2012.

1. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

There it is. The reason this debate is absolutely pointless with 90% of people. You’re not here for a discussion - you already have all the right answers.

Just sign the [uck fay] off or put the thread on ignore for a while. You’re wasting my time.

2. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

[​IMG]

justingroves likes this.
  3. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Yesterday you told me my take on defense was dumb. Then you went psychologist and told me why i like Jordan and needed to watch a shaka smart imitator kiss lebrons ass, then you mentioned i only side with Card cause we are friends and i dont know the dude, then you told me to "get out of here" when linking articles which support my view, then told me my "MJ wants it more" was bs, then argued that san antonio didnt search for him on D to light him up, then 3 pages back you promised you were done, then you complain that i wont answer dumb questions then you tell me to sign the [uck fay] off?
    Shove it up your ass

Last edited: May 20, 2020
  4. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Did you actually read that post? You just signed off on what might be the single dumbest thing ever posted on this site.

5. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

No.

Edit, the above response was intended for your statement, not your question, as you have shown over and over and over that you are incapable of reading context into a discussion.

Last edited: May 20, 2020
  6. IP

IP Super Moderator

Are you arguing ssmiff CAN be taught something by you?

7. Ssmiff

I had had enough. Barks at me for 2 days about having a dumb take because i have a problem with loafing, taking plays off and walking around on the court more than 90% of the players who play, which includes every position. If someone cant see how it differentiates the 2 players, he cant teach me much on the subject or game.

8. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

You are, by far, the dumbest mother[uck fay]er on this board. It's hard to believe I'm saying this, but your constant shitposting in this thread has made going back and forth with Uni enjoyable, by comparison. Card believes what he believes, but has mostly been posting in here to rile me up and troll me. But you have literally sat here and said the same stupid shit over and over and over, and you keep doing it. Responding to you is by far the worst part of posting in this thread because the stuff you say is so damn stupid, and you say so damn much of it, that every time I have to type out a response, it makes me so frustrated that I'm even wasting my time with it.

I never said YOU, specifically, agree with Card because you are friends. It's pretty clear who that comment was pointed towards. I will give you a hint: not the guy who hadn't posted anything in three pages aside from a random "jai alai" comment, and hadn't engaged in the discussion about Jeremy Lin, which is what led to the comment being made in the first place.

If memory serves, I told you to "get out of here" when you made a claim that LeBron sucks at defense and then tried to support the claim with an article from year 15. No NBA player is as good at defense in year 15 you [uck fay]ing mong.

Your posts are literally "Jordan wants it more" wrapped up in slightly different wording, repeatedly. And your last one was your crowning achievement of shit posting. Like, it's really, really dumb. Let me break a few pieces down:

Lol what the [uck fay] is this question? If MJ didn't have a 6'11 wingspan and massive hands, would he be the same player? If Magic wasn't a 6'9 point guard in a league where all the other PG's were 6'0 - 6'3, would he be the same player? If Larry Bird was born a woman and had a stub for a left arm, would he be the same player? Like, what the [uck fay] is this stupid [uck fay]ing question? Have you never read the articles about MJ's hand size and arm length giving him clear advantages over Kobe Bryant? Are those attributes not the same exact thing as LeBron being the size that he is. Again, might be the dumbest [uck fay]ing thing I've ever read.

No skillset? Seriously? Anyone who thinks LeBron doesn't have/has never had a post game obviously hasn't watched him play since like, 2010. He has adjusted his game multiple times throughout his career to fit the shifting of the league and the way teams have defended him. Remember when everyone started plugging the lane and forcing him to take jump shots? He adapted, which culminated in arguably his best game ever, where he scored 45 points in an elimination game in Boston (2012) on primarily jump shots. Beyond that, LeBron James is widely considered the best passer and highest IQ basketball player in the entire NBA, regardless of position (https://www.nba.com/gmsurvey/2018). He has been at least top 5 of both of those categories for the entirety of his career. The dude is playing a different position and leading the league in assists in year 17, for [uck fay]'s sake. If he hadn't been blessed with his size, he might have gone down as the best PG of all time. You. Don't. Know. What. You. Are. Talking. About.

No, I don't care about lack of drama, pouting, flopping, or quitting/not hustling in regular season games. That you think those things matter is very odd to me. And you don't think MJ brought his own form of drama? Imagine those late Bull's rosters in the age of social media. Jesus.

I do think Leadership matters, so I'm not sure why you're saying I don't. From the same link above:

9. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

I can teach my ass off, but I reckon ssmiff is too closed minded to learn anything. Can't teach someone who already knows it all.

10. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Anyone want to debate my post about finals opponents? Which of MJ's final's opponents makes the top 6? Anyone?

11. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

Indy, have a beer, buddy

12. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

There's an argument to be made that people like you, Ssmiff, are the reason for LeBron's resting/taking plays off during the regular season in the first place. It's no secret that LeBron's effort (aside from the playoffs) dropped around the same time that people essentially drew the line in the sand that the only way for him to pass Jordan was via titles.

If someone told me that nothing I can do in the regular season (MVP's, team records, scoring championships, stats, defensive all-NBA selections, etc.) was going to put me at the top of the list of the greatest players of all time, and that the only way I could get there was by winning more championships, I would adjust my game to give me the most opportunities at championships as well. For LeBron, along with other top players like Kawhi, that means taking time off/resting when he can. It's the same concept as the Spurs resting players before the playoffs, or playoff lock NFL teams resting at the end of the season. It's all for the purpose of maximizing championship potential. And people like you are the ones who made it clear that that's the only way for LeBron to pass MJ many years back.

13. Ssmiff

then sit down on the [uck fay]ing bench and rest. Judas [uck fay]ing priest. You'll never get it so stop knocking those who do.

14. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

Best post this week.

15. Ssmiff

its more than likely a Zima

16. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Of course you have no worthwhile response. Because you're a [uck fay]ing idiot who is attempting to wish shit into existence. LeBron doesn't have a skillset... you should be committed.

17. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

If your team is better with you on the floor but resting on the occasional play, rather than sitting on the bench, then why the [uck fay] would you do that? You're so god damn dense it's astounding.

18. Ssmiff

sit down on the bench to rest vs walking around on the floor isn't a worthwhile response? Says who, you?
    And when comparing Lebron's skillset to Jordan's and Kobe's, hes limited. Jordan at 6'6 had a better post game, fade, up and under, could beat people off the dribble better and use the crossover, plus a much better midrange and could take on 3 or 4 defenders and finish with creativity around the rim. Lebron doesn't use a pump fake. His post moves are limited and he obviously didn't work much on them. When has he been able to go hard with his left hand. When has he been the guy you want at the ft line. Does he have a jump hook inside with his 6'9 frame posting up smaller players. What about a quick left off the glass. These are skillsets that other players have over him. Now keep making a jackass out of yourself by repeatedly calling me an idiot because you see very little during a game. Very little. Keep watching highlights and reading stats because that's the extent of your ability.

19. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Without Sab's finger in your butt

InVolNerable likes this.
  20. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

In 15 seasons, Jordan played all 82 games 9 times. That’s including his second year where he got hurt like a quarter of the way, and his initial return for the second go around where he came in with 17 games left.

Lebron has played all 82 games once in 17 seasons.