The NBA Thread.

Discussion in 'Sports' started by GahLee, Oct 27, 2012.

1. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Also, can we talk about how LeBron picked up Jamal Murray on defense at the end of the game last night and essentially shut him down? Bron also had 0 turnovers, which is pretty solid.

Can we also talk about how Dwight Howards minutes went up (as I requested) and Caruso's minutes went down (as I requested) and the Laker got the dub?

2. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

38, 16, 10. 7/8 from the charity stripe. Only 2 turnovers. 16 pts in the 4th. 3 postseason triple doubles away from the most all time.

GOAT (assuming they take care of business in the finals).

3. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

He was excellent, befitting his all-time great status.

As the second best of all time.

4. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Heres the deal, when one defends something as the greatest too often, its not the greatest, because the greatest goes unsaid

5. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

LeBron ties Kareem for 3rd most finals appearances of all time. Only Bill Russell and Sam Jones have more.

6. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

LeBron:

Yr 3:2nd in MVP
    Yr 4:Finals, 5th in MVP
    Yr 6:MVP
    Yr 7:MVP
    Yr 8:Finals, 3rd in MVP
    Yr 9:Champ, MVP
    Yr 10:Champ, MVP
    Yr 11:Finals, 2nd in MVP
    Yr 12:Finals, 3rd MVP
    Yr 13:Champ, 3rd in MVP
    Yr 14:Finals, 4th in MVP
    Yr 15:Finals, 2nd in MVP
    Yr 16:INJ
    Yr 17:Finals, 2nd in MVP

7. dknash

dknash Chieftain

The Greatest of All Time (at orchestrating easy situations)

8. IP

IP Super Moderator

He's a damn chess master I guess.

9. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

Well, this got me curious for the obvious Jordan comparison, so:

Yr1: ROY, 6th in MVP
    Yr2: INJ, returns for 63 in playoff game
    Yr3: 2nd in MVP
    Yr4: MVP, DPOY
    Yr5: Conf. Finals, 2nd in MVP
    Yr6: Conf. Finals, 3rd in MVP
    Yr7: Champ, MVP
    Yr8: Champ, MVP
    Yr 9: Champ, 3rd in MVP,
    Yr10: Baseball
    Yr11: Mostly baseball
    Yr12: Champ, MVP
    Yr 13: Champ, 2nd in MVP
    Yr14: Champ MVP

10. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

LeBron won ROY as well. I also think it’s funny that you included conf finals appearances, outside top 5 MVP finishes, and a 63 point performance loss despite me not including that stuff on my list.

Guess I’ll have to update.

11. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

12. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

What is Anthony David up to now? Accountant?

13. IP

IP Super Moderator

I'm interested in seeing the apples to apples comparison, can y'all agree on format and thresholds? I think only actual finals or better and only top 3 in POY, awards themselves only for Dpoy, Roy, etc

14. Ssmiff

which lebron team beats Jordans title teams?
    Rhetorical.
    Pippen woulda been all over lebron and he doesnt go into the post as Jordan would. Plus hed be smart enough to realize lebron hasnt dribble twice in a row with his left hand to the basket in years. Been in the league forever and everybody still gives him his hard right. Hes just so big and athletic, traits he was born with, defenders arent as big and athletic and give him his spot.

15. IP

IP Super Moderator

you're saying jordan consistently had a better supporting cast in his runs? agreed. that's why I find james' career more impressive.

16. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Riding the train that's been going to the finals since he was a junior in high school.

It's going to be really funny when people start trying to put an asterisk next to Bron's 4th title because AD was on the team. How many playoff series wins did he have prior to this year?

17. Ssmiff

Nope, im talking about matchups.
    I named 1 player. The rest were role players.
    That one player was long, strong, smart and fast enough on the defensive end to give Lebron a harder time than any defender he has faced. Plus, it was more physical and no olays to the basket.
    James career is impressive. But none of his teams beat jordan. Jordan doesnt lose in the finals.

18. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

I'm down if Uni is. I think if we are counting MVP/DPOY/ROY, etc., All-NBA should be on there as well. Maybe we limit that to just first team? Idk. I'm open to suggestions.

19. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

If Jordan is the GOAT, why would Pippen be guarding LeBron? I didn't see LeBron asking anyone else to guard Jamal Murray late in games when they needed a stop...

20. Ssmiff

Lebron guarded murray all game? I doubt it. Couple possessions to make it difficult to shoot over? No shit.
    But Jordan probably would have some. Goving up 3 or 4 inches and 50 lbs, Lebron is just so BIG and ATHLETIC, which arent basketball skills, so he woulda been a bigger challenge, even though with that difference, Lebron probably woulda still never found a nasty post game.
    Who was better in the post? Another rhetorical.