The NBA Thread.

Discussion in 'Sports' started by GahLee, Oct 27, 2012.

1. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

I'm not high on the coach, but Giannis will take the fall, no matter what. It's a star's league and he is the star, not Budenholzer. Getting rid of Eric "I'll Pee in My Pants Now that It's the Playoffs" for a much steadier Holiday is already a bonus. They gave up a ton for him, although I don't think the draft picks are as big a deal as they seem.

2. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Well, at least they got Holiday.

3. dknash

dknash Chieftain

JRich to the Mavs

4. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Thats fun. Makes a likable team even more likable for me.

5. Unimane

We'll see. Some thoughts the Bucks were a little too bold in getting the word out there they had the deal made and are trying to calm the waters to avoid tampering. If Bogdan falls through, they'll have some cash to spread somewhere else, though.

6. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

This Klay injury just sucks. The world will be missing out if we don't get to see whether the Warriors can make it back to championship contention without Durant.

7. IP

IP Super Moderator

or we are finding out and some are in denial.

8. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

I guess you could look at it that way, but you’re not gonna get a view of them at full strength without Durant, now that Klay is out for another season. I think they had potential to make some noise at full strength.

I feel cheated. There were a ton of contenders going into next season. Now there’s 1 less.

9. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

This new and improved Lakers team looks fun. LeBron has never played with a big like Marc Gasol. He's solid defensively, has tremendous playmaking ability with great vision and passing, and is solid enough from 3 to force teams to have to clear the lane to guard him out there. Between him and Shroder, LeBron shouldn't have to have the ball in his hands or create for his teammates nearly as much this season.

If they are able to win the title again this season without LeBron as the primary ball handler, I think it will make last year's title all the more impressive when everyone looks back at it 20 years from now. I think people tried to convince themselves that LeBron running the point this past year was his preference or necessary because of his age. I think this season will show us that him serving as the primary ball handler had nothing to do with his needs and everything to do with where the team around him was lacking - and his ability to fix that. It'll be amazing to look back at the season he completely changed his game and played an entirely different position and still led his team to the title.

10. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Luka Doncic, who is 21 years old and has only played in 6 career playoff games, already has more 40 pt playoff performances than Giannis, Steve Nash, and Dr. J, and the same number of playoff triple doubles as Steph, MJ, and Isaiah Thomas.

It's not an accident that they've matched the Mavs up with the Lakers on Christmas day. Luka is the next face of the NBA.

11. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

Westbrook to the Wizards for John Wall and another 1st rounder.

12. 2Maggitt2Quit

2Maggitt2Quit Chieftain

At a certain point, if Harden is just actively avoiding the Rockets and going to clubs instead, would they just withhold his salary?

I understand there are outside influences (agents, players opinions) but damn, seems like that bridge is already burnt to a crisp.

13. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Do people consider Harden selfish/an asshole for this? This is the quote from his mom, who is also his agent:

“He is doing what is best for his career. Please pay attention and understand. He has worked hard every time he suited up for his job, giving 210 percent. He ask[ed] for a chance to get a ring, that’s it. Anyone in their right mind in this bus[iness] would want that.”

I’m all about player empowerment and mobility, but I don’t really like this move. They’ve done everything for him, built multiple teams around him, and moved players to try to win with him. It doesn’t work out, and now he just wants to jump ship? Seems incredible selfish, and in a time when so many people are hurting, it just doesn’t feel like a great look to skip out on your $40 million/year job because you don’t like the commitment associated with a contract that YOU signed.

A-Smith likes this.
  14. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

15. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

16. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Congrats Uni.

17. Unimane

Woohoo!! Now I don't have to wonder who is going to be available in the 2022 lottery.

18. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Basketball is back.

19. Unimane

Ugh, I hate the lucky ass Celtics.

20. juicemane

juicemane Member

Morant was scoring at will tonight