The NBA Thread.

Discussion in 'Sports' started by GahLee, Oct 27, 2012.

1. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

I like him enough. He’s not the goat to me.

2. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

I didn’t say you don’t understand hoops. Don’t mischaracterize what I’m saying and turn yourself into a victim.

You don’t watch/understand the Lakers, which makes your comments and opinions on them seem like babbling nonsense.

Serious question: when’s the last time you sat down and watched a full Lakers game?

Last time you sat down and watched a full LeBron game?

Your last sentence is your M.O. Anyone who disagrees with you is an emotional midget. And it’s hilarious that you say stuff like this, yet whine and complain about other people “name calling.”

Last edited: Mar 2, 2021
  3. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Knowledge of basketball isn’t really what it’s about.

He’s feigning a position of knowledge about a player he almost certainly hasn’t watched play a full game in years. And then he follows it up with incredibly stupid shit, like dancing during an intro to an all-star game. His argument is just terrible, and it’s obvious why.

4. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Dancing looked stupid and Derrick Rose agreed. But he probably doesn't understand and shouldn't have that opinion.
    Lebron does shit that irritates me. Yes. And I'm not the only one. Same shit doesn't irritate you Indy. Good for you. I dont like loafing, flopping, look at me shit. Hes a great athlete and player and imo the rest of his schtick is unnecessary.
    And yes I called you an emotional midget because you took a shot at me first and you are emotional about Lebron, which is ridiculous. If you dont want a counter, don't take the shot.

5. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

When was the last time you watched a full Lakers game? It’s a VERY simple question.

Saying that you’re babbling nonsense is not “taking a shot” at you. It’s the truth. You don’t watch the Lakers, but you come in here commenting about them anyway. You’re babbling nonsense.

I can’t believe you continue to repeat the ridiculousness about the all-star game. It’s the [uck fay]ing all-star game. It hasn’t meant anything in years and has always been a “show” that’s more about theatrics than actual basketball. And what he did wasn’t even during the game itself.

It’s like arguing Manning is the GOAT and citing his pro-bowl stats as the reason. No - It’s kind of like arguing Manning is the GOAT because he liked to goof around during pre-game of the pro-bowl while Brady stayed locked in and focused on playing. Mind-numbingly stupid.

6. Ssmiff

I haven't watched a full Lakers scrimmage in awhile. It's uninteresting because the NBA plays no D and allows 3, 4, 5 steps offensively.
    I've repeated why I domt care for Lebron. You have a problem with my opinion, and call it stupid. That's fine with me.

7. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Just so we are clear, I have a problem with these opinions:

because:

Hell, the above suggests you don't watch NBA basketball at all, let alone Lakers games. Yet here you are commenting on LeBron and the Lakers and expecting anyone to take your opinion seriously. That's what's stupid.

8. Ssmiff

Nah indy what's stupid is assuming I care if you take my opinion seriously. That's the thing about opinionated people. We tend to not care too much if others think said opinion is a stupid one. Ask Lebron. Hes opinionated and doesn't care if people think he's an idiot.

9. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

Meh, the `NBA plays no D` is a tired excuse. There is plenty of great defensive play, it just doesn't look that way when compared to the 80's and 90's because the rules have changed to cater to higher offensive production, much like the NFL.

Let me ask you this - if there wasn't any D, do you really think Indy would be so vociferously adamant about his arguments? It's almost like Sab himself is out there on the court.

Now, if you want to say that there is no D in the All-Star game, I'll agree with that.

Indy and IP like this.
  10. Ssmiff

Meh. Pssh. Pfft.
    There really isn't much D. There is a little effort 1 v 1 but then the rest of the team watches the o player go in for an easy shot or layup too often. Help D is basically non existent. Seems like every other time down the court there is a blow by and no help.

11. Ssmiff

...like this.

12. IP

IP Super Moderator

He loves just the right amount of D.

13. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

You can care or not care about whatever you want, but it's a fact that your opinion, at least with regards to current LeBron and the Lakers, is based in nothing but fantasy. You don't watch the games. That you think you can form a legitimate opinion about a player or team without actually watching that player/team play the game is both stupid and unsurprising.

14. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Oh look, at the 37 second mark, you get LeBron James playing top tier defense against one of the best players in the NBA. And that's against a guy who doesn't even play the same position as LeBron.

You don't know what you are talking about, ssmiff.

15. Ssmiff

Ok Indy. Lebron doesn't flop, always plays great D, as does the physical NBA game, and isn't an attention whore. You got it. Order another King James big head to go over the shitty bed you bought

16. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

You asked for D, and I gave you D. Now you're being all sarcastic and acting like I didn't give you exactly what you wanted.

You may "know" basketball, but you're clearly not watching the NBA much at all, let alone with any sort of regularity. You can keep posting as if you come from a position of knowledge, but I don't know why anyone would take you seriously.

17. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Embiid injury seems to open the door for LeBron to win his 5th MVP, tying Jordan.

Nick Wright made an interesting point on First Thing's First this morning. He put up this blind stat comparison:

upload_2021-3-15_12-35-26.png

The left is Embiid, and the right is Giannis. The Bucks are only 2.5 games back from the 76ers in the East, and yet, despite seemingly better stats than Embiid, who was the MVP front runner prior to his injury, no one is talking about Giannis as a legitimate MVP Candidate. Why not?

Well, the obvious answer is that he has won it the last 2 years and then fizzled out in the playoffs before the Conference Finals each year. But, if we are being objective, that shouldn't matter. This is a regular season award, so what you did in the last 2 playoffs should have no impact.

But it obviously does have an impact, or else Giannis would be an MVP front runner. So Nick asked the question:

If last year's (and the year before's) playoffs can negatively impact Giannis in this year's MVP race, why can't last year's playoffs also positively impact LeBron?

18. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

PJ Tucker to the Bucks is a good pick up.

19. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

Eh, a few years ago, for sure. We'll see going forward if he'd dropped off because the Rockets simply suck or if he's washed up. His role, though, is pretty simple, back up post defender and hit a few corner threes. Hopefully, it works out. The Bucks had to deal to get below the cap, so it's probably a smart deal in this regard. We didn't give up too much.

20. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

He looked good in the playoffs last year despite the Rockets sucking overall. He plays bigger than his size.