The NBA Thread.

Discussion in 'Sports' started by GahLee, Oct 27, 2012.

1. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

i believe he's saying Westbrook has the ball in his hands often so getting his shots off as well as Lebron's and AD touches may be a challenge at times. I don't know how often Lebron plays off the ball and cuts or comes off picks to get open for passes.

2. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

No I’m saying that’s 2 guys who have the ball in their hands a lot and I wonder how they’ll play together. Smartassery is fun though.

3. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Yeah, he was just saying both players are ball dominant, so they don’t really fit together.

He’s right. One or both is going to have to adjust the way he plays. Westbrook’s primary role will be keeping the offense going when LeBron is off the court.

Will be curious to see what other moves they make. I’d think this all but guarantees they’re gonna sign and trade Schroder, right?

4. IP

IP Super Moderator

I'm guessing they won't play with two balls and will be fine.

5. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Saw an article that called Westbrook the “worst high volume 3 point shooter in NBA history” and included video of the Lakers just not guarding him in the bubble.

Savage.

6. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Lakers getting older and older.

Also, how will they survive without Caruso?

7. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

8. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Curry just signed another 200M deal.

9. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Doncic take the best in the world title from Giannis if he wins the gold?

10. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

No.

I know I am biased here. But, no.

11. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Let’s see what happens.

12. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

I get that Dennis Schroder didn't have a great season with the Lakers, but I feel like there has to be something that happened behind the seasons that hasn't come out in public yet. There's no way he went from a 6th man of the year type of guy to basically untouchable just from one poor to mediocre season.

13. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

LeBron and his deleted tweet are right.

Everybody is talking about how old the Lakers are, how the pieces don't fit, etc. But you know that if they win the title, everyone will be calling it a super team, 5 hall of famers, stacked the deck, etc. The narrative always shifts.

14. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

15. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Schroder turned down 4 years for $84 million to be the Lakers' starting PG, and now his best offer is to come off the bench for Boston at $5.9 million. It's almost impossible to fathom. Gotta be up there for worst all time decisions by a pro athlete.

16. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

Check out Malice in the Palace on Netflix. It's treading a lot of ground I already knew, but it's still pretty good. The one guy who surprised me was Jermaine O'Neal, who was more introspective and driven to win than I thought he would be. Artest is crazy, of course, and Jackson is cool as hell, but O'Neal comes across rather interestingly. I wish it were longer, though, more in depth. Also, unknown instigator to the whole deal? Jamaal Tinsley.

17. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

[​IMG]

justingroves and Indy like this.
  18. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

JR Smith is now officially a member of the North Carolina A&T golf team.

19. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

They’ve got to recreate the Lebron meme photo if they are to be taken seriously

20. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Rondo won a title with the Lakers, left for a season to get [uck fay]ing paid, DNP’d a bunch for the Clippers after they traded for him, and now he’s back with the Lakers on a minimum. Lol