The NBA Thread.

Discussion in 'Sports' started by GahLee, Oct 27, 2012.

1. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

2. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

Silver is about to call up Brad Stevens. “Nudge” him to release Kanter.

Can’t have China blackballing a prominent team like that. Think of all the ad dollars they’re losing!

3. InVolNerable

Between this and calling out Turkey, feels like Kanter is trying to get himself poisoned by spies on purpose. Can definitely respect him for speaking up on the issues though.

Never a good sign when instead of actually refuting anything with evidence to the claims’ contrary that you just do everything in your power to silence the claims. And if that doesn’t work, then make sure the people you’re controlling don’t hear it at all.

IP likes this.
  4. IP

IP Super Moderator

Wish you were wrong, but all of the entertainment industry including sports choose money over principles. It's wrong.

5. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Cannot be satisfied with making 100 billion dollars a year. Need that extra 2 million, sir.

InVolNerable likes this.
  6. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Costing a wonton of money

InVolNerable likes this.
  7. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

For all you Dwight Howard haters out there:

8. InVolNerable

You’re obsessed with Nick Wright

9. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

I'm not. I drive a lot for work. As such, I listen to a collection of podcasts, as well as sports commentary clips from the FS1 guys (Broussard, Wright, Shannon and Skip, Herd, etc.) on an almost daily basis.

I do think Nick Wright has solid NBA knowledge and do find myself agreeing with a lot of his points and takes. Not all, but a lot of them.

And he's right about Dwight Howard here.

10. InVolNerable

Broussard, Wright, Shannon and Skip, Herd, and Nick Wright… lol, all of these guys have a glaring shared trait.

11. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Extreme wealth? Massive success? Some other trait that basically any talking head in this industry shares?

I like listening to people talk about sports, and Fox makes it easy to access short, to the point clips of shows without having to actually watch the shows themselves. It's as much about the convenience for me as it is about the people

Do you have anything to add about basketball or the topic of Dwight Howard not making the top 75 list? Or are you just here to critique the sports commentators I listen to?

12. InVolNerable

They aren’t successful because they know anything about sports. Broussard said that the only reason Allen got stopped was because they ran to the left, and Buffalo’s starting tackle Taylor Lewan was out of the game and their backup (who is actually their starter) got blown up.

They’re “successful” because they scream stupid opinions in hopes of pulling an audience in based on the circus factor. They aren’t successful due to their actual knowledge and sports acumen. They appeal to the lowest common denominator. There just so happens to be a lot of people who fall into that category.

You have shit-tier standards for the people who you listen to. It’s why you also have shit-tier takes in anything you talk about.

IP likes this.
  13. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Chris Broussard is an NBA guy who has to talk NFL because the NFL is popular. I don't really listen to anything Broussard says about the NFL, which is why I have no idea what you're talking about with Bills/Titans. It's weird that you claim my standards are shit in the same post where you're citing an argument made by one of the guys I said I listen to (who you are claiming is shit).

I think you're being way too harsh on what people in this profession do. They're in the business of having opinions, yes, and when your job is literally to have opinions, you're going to have a lot of bad ones. A LOT of bad ones. But normal, self-confident people don't have a need for every one of their opinions to be great or correct. They know they're going to whiff some times, and that's okay. As a listener, I'm perfectly capable of parsing through what I agree with and what I don't agree with. That fact is evident through a simple comparison of the frequency with which I watch these clips (daily) and the frequency with which I post those clips on this site (once every 2 weeks, maybe?).

If the Dwight Howard take is so "shit-tier," refute it. That's the point of a message board, isn't it?

14. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

Patrick Ewing is on there

15. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

As he should be

16. NashVol11

NashVol11 Well-Known Member

Dwight should definitely be on there as a 3x DPOY, and I think he's been in the top 5 of MVP voting 5 different times. Dwight's peak was better than Lillard's is

Indy likes this.
  17. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

I think what I liked most about Wright’s explanation is he didn’t just say “these guys should be on there.” He also told you who they should replace, and why.

18. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Imagine being the guy who has to intervene during a physical altercation between 2 guys as huge as AD and DH. Dudes are [uck fay]ing trees.

19. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Feels like last night was half of why the Lakers went and got Russ. Him and AD are good enough to win games when LeBron is out injured or resting. LeBron could probably go right now, but with Russ on the roster, he doesn’t has to, which means he’s able to fully heal and get back to 100% without dropping too many games.

20. IP

IP Super Moderator

You thinking the point of a message board is to refute "shit-tier" takes explains so, so much about you constantly supplying "shit-tier" takes.

InVolNerable likes this.