The NBA Thread.

Discussion in 'Sports' started by GahLee, Oct 27, 2012.

1. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

Seriously, if we lose because of Al [uck fay]ing Horford, we should just forfeit the rest of the series.

2. Unimane

Refs will bail out every Celtics miss, Jesus Christ.

3. Unimane

Lucky, lucky, lucky. We got outworked on the offensive boards late so bad. We had to have this game with Tatum playing so bad.

4. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Melt city.

Giannis good.

5. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

If Tatum is truly a top 10 player, he should be absolutely roasted for this game. And if he truly is, the gap between 1 and 10 is as wide as it’s ever been.

6. Unimane

He practically won this one by himself. Pretty meh from all other Bucks on the floor. Jrue can't play this badly the rest of the series, Giannis was exhausted at the end of the game. Greek Freak needs to should less of the burden.

7. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Holiday did have a late clutch basket to basically seal it, though.

8. NashVol11

NashVol11 Well-Known Member

You overreact more to one (1) game than possibly anyone I've ever met

9. Unimane

He had to make up for all the other terrible shit he did. Too many bad turnovers and decisions made which cost possessions.

10. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

In what way am I overreacting?

Is it an overreaction to say that a top 10 player in the NBA should be criticized for a 10-1-3 playoff game where he shot 21% from the field and 0/6 from 3?

Is it an overreaction to say that the gap between Giannis and Tatum is large?

It looks to me like you and others are the ones who have overreacted. Boston’s win over the Nets wasn’t what you and others made it out to be. They’re down 2-1 to a Bucks team that is missing it’s 2nd best player and not even playing particularly well.

And they played it close today despite the guy you claim to be a top 10 player and a true MVP candidate no showing. How badly do you think the Bucks lose these sorts of games if Giannis goes 10-1-3 and shoots 21% from the field?

11. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

They can’t shoot it this poorly all series. Feels like they’re in a pretty good spot.

12. Unimane

Man, I hate the [dadgum] Celtics more than any other team. To sit and listen to all the people and their players [itch bay] and moan about the refs yesterday when they shot 17 free throws to zero for the Bucks over the last quarter and a half, as they got bailed out time and again in that last quarter, is par for the course for that arrogant ass fan base. The team which has Marcus Smart should shut the [uck fay] up on these accounts and, while I will never say anything bad about Grant due to his legendary accomplishments in Knoxville, I'll just say I kind of get the complaints. But, that's it. I'm going no further and comment no more in this regard on Mr. Williams. I sure as shit would love him in Milwaukee, kind of like how I love having Bobby Portis while realizing he's annoying as hell to other teams and fans. But, a front page ESPN story on one foul call which is a litany of Celtic players and coaches lamenting the refs and resigning to "just deal with it"? Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck ooooooffffffffff.

13. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

He definitely was not shooting during that foul. He tried to turn it into that, but he was trying to pass it, and the lead up to the play made that abundantly clear.

14. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

disagree. Clock was ticking down, he was coming off a pick and feet already left the floor, iir

15. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Dude got the ball with 6 seconds left and was covered like a damn blanket coming off the screen. He was facing the bench and not even looking at the basket, with both feet on the ground, when the defender initiated contact. Once the foul happened, he tried to turn it into a shooting motion and flopped to get the call.

He was turning to pass the ball. They weren't going to settle for a 3 from Marcus Smart fading to the side and having to turn in the air to face the basket. Not when they had 6 seconds left to get a better look from a guy who shoots it better than Smart from 3 (literally any of the 4 other players they had on the floor).

16. Ssmiff

I don’t really care but what I saw was a descheveled offense that got caught with the ball in the hands of the wrong player who knew time was running out.
    I would like to know who you think he’s going up in the air to pass the ball to. Wing is covered and his back is to #7 as defender getting back on him to cover. Everybody else is standing and watching.

17. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

I didn’t say he was going up in the air to pass the ball. Again:

The jump happened after contact was initiated. He was turning to pass it, felt the contact, and tried to turn it into a shot. The dude is a known and well documented flopper. You can find compilation videos just from the 3 games in this series.

18. Ssmiff

That’s fine we just see it in a different way. Hook pass right at the switch woulda been fine instead of supposedly turning to pass to a player not open anymore. Also thought he was fouled with 4 seconds left, not 6.. I just think he was in desperation mode with nowhere to go and clock ticking down. Question I have is where was tatum? He had a bad game but can’t just stand and watch

19. NashVol11

NashVol11 Well-Known Member

If you can't see why proclaiming that this is the biggest gap between 1 and 10 in NBA history because 10 had one bad game is overreacting, you're beyond help. Your preferred top 10 guy Dame has had dozens of bad playoff games like that with terrible defense to boot, but I'm sure you thought about that and weren't just firing off dumb hot takes again

20. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

He struggled in game 1 as well.

Dame has scored 10 points in a playoff game once in his career, and he was 10-8-10, compared to Tatum’s 10-1-3. Dame also only played 31 minutes and had 34, 42, 37, 55 and 28 points in the other 5 games for the series, soooo…

Are there other games you want to highlight, since there are apparently “dozens?”

You don’t think it says anything about Tatum’s “value” that Boston was able to nearly beat the Bucks despite Giannis’s top tier performance and Tatum’s no show? How many teams in the NBA can compete in 2nd round playoff games when their star no shows and the other team’s star goes for 40?