The NBA Thread.

Discussion in 'Sports' started by GahLee, Oct 27, 2012.

1. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

* Draymond doesn’t get suspended, Curry has five titles.

Last edited: Jun 17, 2022
  2. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Steph has changed the game of basketball more than Lebron and the second most of any person in my lifetime other than MJ.

zehr27 likes this.
  3. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

this is true. Have to give credit even though I will always have an issue with moving picks allowing for more open shots but he’s the nastiest shooter I’ve ever seen.
    Unfortunately in middle school you see kids taking absolutely terrible shots, and they got it from Steph and Damian, so his impact has been broad.

4. IP

IP Super Moderator

One could read this as him having a more easily replicable skillset and game than Lebron James.

5. Ssmiff

he’s not the athlete Lebron is nor is he 6’9 260 and able to bulldoze over defenders. He may even struggle to dunk. His ballhandling, moving without the ball and using picks combination can’t be beat and should be taught to all kids playing ball. Just turn off the teaching video before he pulls up 1 on 4 from 30 feet.

6. CardinalVol

Just because you try to replicate it doesn't mean you can do it.

chavisut likes this.
  7. IP

IP Super Moderator

It either changed the game or it didn't. So it is either replicable or it isn't.

8. CardinalVol

It changed the game because everybody wants to shoot ridiculous 3s. The game is completely outside in now.

9. NashVol11

NashVol11 Well-Known Member

The first sentence is Steph on an individual level, the second sentence is at least as much about D’Antoni and the Rockets. Teams are shooting more 3s because of analytics and math, not because they think Steph is cool IMO

10. CardinalVol

12 year olds are pulling up at halfcourt because of curry. It's changed the game at the base level.

justingroves likes this.
  11. Ssmiff

And womens. Never recall so many college and pro women launching from 25

12. NashVol11

I said this, but kids shooting 30-foot 3s isn't why the NBA game is more outside-in now. Players have always wanted to shoot, but now there's an organizational green light that is analytics-driven

13. NashVol11

14. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

* Kyrie and Kevin Love don’t get injured, Curry has 3 titles. Then, KD doesn’t go to Golden State, and Curry has 1 title.

15. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

By no means do I think there's any chance that Kyrie is going to force his way to the Lakers this offseason. But at the same time, Kyrie is a weird cat, and I can't help but imagine how crazy a trio of Bron/AD/Kyrie would be.

16. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

17. HCKevinSteele

HCKevinSteele Well-Known Member

I’d bet on the 3 playing less than 35 games together regular season if it happened.

18. bostonvol

bostonvol Chieftain

The Pistons have gotten a lot better tonight.

NashVol11 likes this.
  19. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

Looks like Kennedy's size is causing him to fall. Some teams are going to regret not taking him, though.

20. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

The Warriors' (Draymond, primarily) overconfidence after this title is astounding.

They didn't have to beat a fully healthy Bucks team. They didn't have to beat a fully healthy Clippers team. They didn't have to beat a fully healthy, competitive Lebron team. They played a Nuggets team missing it's 2nd and 3rd best players. They played a Grizz squad missing its best player for most of the series.

I'm sorry. There are no asterisks for titles, but this team is/was not dominant. I don't think there's a chance in hell they win this year's finals if every player in the league is healthy.