The Never-ending College basketball season thread

Discussion in 'Sports' started by bostonvol, Nov 7, 2019.

1. SGMVols

SGMVols Contributor

Can’t say I had “Bama basketball beats Vandy by more points than Bama football” on my bingo card

2. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

Apparently Stackhouse is having a player discipline/effort problems. He sat a starter in favor of a walk-on who he said "does things right". The walk-on did not have any points, rebounds, or assist.

zehr27 and IP like this.
  3. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Wouldn’t mind seeing a +/- for that walkon. May be a new record

IP likes this.
  4. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

Stackhouse has been weird with his starting lineups anyways. All his better players have been coming off the bench for much of the season.

IP likes this.
  5. Ssmiff

Ks goes cold from 3 today and losing double digits.

6. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

Indiana pounding Purdue early. There's just not a singular team in the entire field this year that looks unbeatable.

7. SGMVols

SGMVols Contributor

They wouldn’t even be a top 25 team without Edey. He’s the clear cut POY. I haven’t seen one player single handedly raise the ceiling for a college team in years.

8. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

Over Brandon Miller?

9. SGMVols

SGMVols Contributor

Has 23 and 13 at Indiana, with 15 minutes still left in the game. Miller is great obviously and will probably be the best future pro in the country, but Edey’s numbers are just ridiculous right now

10. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Best game plan for Purdue might be to have a walk on take edey knees out with a crowbar before the tip.

11. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Down goes Purdue. Hoosiers!

12. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

Yeah, another big time win for the Hoosiers. They got to the point where it was get your shit together or else and they decided they were going to get their shit together. It probably cost them the regular season, but if they play like they did today, tournament season could be fun.

Also, [uck fay] Purdue.

IP likes this.
  13. SGMVols

SGMVols Contributor

Kentucky almost blows a 14 point lead at home against Florida but Gators shit the bed on the last possession

14. JohnnyQuickkick

Jim Boeheim just needs to retire

15. NashVol11

NashVol11 Well-Known Member

Another close game, another 120+ decibel night in Cameron, another IP post forthcoming about how the best basketball rivalry is actually Oregon-Oregon State or something

16. Ssmiff

Oooh. Sunday morning callout

17. JohnnyQuickkick

I still couldn’t care less about Duke/UNC

SetVol13, justingroves and IP like this.
  18. NashVol11

NashVol11 Well-Known Member

Didn't say anyone should care, just try not to make terrible arguments about it

19. IP

IP Super Moderator

You are getting closer to simulating my work, but I would have pulled gonzaga-St Mary's for maximum effect.

20. JohnnyQuickkick

It’s still media driven and forced, I don’t think that’s a terrible argument

SetVol13, justingroves and IP like this.