The New Boxing Thread

Discussion in 'Sports' started by kidbourbon, Jan 25, 2012.

1. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

De la Hoya hasn't fought in ten years and, even then, got his ass whipped royally by Pacquiao. He looked old in 2008. It would be a strange fight.

2. kidbourbon

kidbourbon Well-Known Member

I dunno. Golden boy was waaaaaaashed up at the end.

3. Joseph Brant

Joseph Brant Airbrush Aficionado

Prime Cotto vs Prime Tito at 147 for the all time Puerto Rican title?
    Tito finishes him in 10.

4. GahLee

GahLee Director of Conspiracy Theories, 8th Maxim

Vasyl may be the best boxer I have ever seen. He just dominated a 2-time Olympic gold medalist and undefeated champion.

5. Joseph Brant

Fun card, lots of heavy hands.

6. Unimane

Boxing is headed for a major heavyweight fight here in the next year with Anthony Joshua, an undefeated British champ, and Deontay Wilder, an undefeated American champ. My guess is that it will be in London since they will be super hyped for Joshua and guarantee a massive crowd at Wembley, likely. I also think Joshua will win pretty convincingly as Wilder is one of the least skilled champs I've ever seen and gets by on serious punching power, athleticism and a rather suspect resume.

Regardless, it's probably the biggest fight boxing had made in the heavyweight division since Lennox Lewis and Mike Tyson.

Joseph Brant likes this.
  7. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

I happened to stumble upon Wilder about 3 or 4 years ago at a bar in Georgia on a work trip and have loosely followed him since.

And yes, he's your typical beat them to death as opposed to skill boxer, but pretty much every time he tries to schedule a major fight, the other opponent can't pass a drug test.

I may buy the Joshua fight. It'll be the best heavyweight bout in 25 years.

8. Joseph Brant

I'm glad that as a whole, promoters have realized that unless they started making legitimate fights they'd all be in the poorhouse.

About time we got real fights instead of mismatches for one alphabet strap or another.

9. kidbourbon

Tyson thinks he's the best in the game. And when it comes to the boxing game, Tyson is usually right.

Lomachenko's footwork is off the charts.

10. kidbourbon

11. kidbourbon

I went and watched the local golden gloves fights last night. Really enjoyed it...am going to start going to see them more often.

Joseph Brant likes this.
  12. kidbourbon

13. Unimane

I think Alvarez will be fine on appeal since Mexico has a documented history of clenbuterol in their meat and it's at a trace amount in him to support that argument. I still hope GGG smacks him around a bit more this second time and leaves no room for the judges to screw him. GGG is getting a little old, though.

14. kidbourbon

Last edited: Mar 14, 2018
  15. kidbourbon

16. Unimane

A little late, but Canelo-GGG 2 is off. Disappointing.

17. kidbourbon

I didn't know this. Why is it off?

18. Unimane

Canelo tested positive for Clenbuterol twice. Says it came from tainted meat in Mexico.

19. kidbourbon

I knew he tested positive, but I didn't realize that a fight with GGG had already been set when he tested positive. Or maybe I just heard about the first test and there was a second later one?

20. kidbourbon

I’m watching de la Hoya / Chavez on the deuce