The New Boxing Thread

Discussion in 'Sports' started by kidbourbon, Jan 25, 2012.

1. Joseph Brant

Joseph Brant Airbrush Aficionado

Agree, I took the alternate route. PPV main events that actually have much bearing on the landscape of the sport have become about as common as unicorns. I'm constantly shocked by the number of buys.

2. hatvol96

hatvol96 Well-Known Member

Paquiao is the Phllipino Julio Cesar Chavez. Fight a bunch of nobodies. Run up a gaudy record. Then get paid to lose to average fighters.

3. kidbourbon

kidbourbon Well-Known Member

Free at the bar down the street. And me likey Melissa.

4. hatvol96

While I couldn't disagree with you more on a lot of stuff, glad you don't have to pay to watch that shit and hope Melissa is at least a 9.

5. kidbourbon

Melissa is a solid 9.

6. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

You must be thinking of somebody else because Pacquiao has fought some really great fighters.

7. kidbourbon

And the bartender is an. 8.5. This place has really improved.

8. hatvol96

Not really. He's beaten a bunch of good to average guys. He doesn't have any Hall of Fame scalps on his wall.

9. Unimane

Morales and Barrera are HOF fighters.

10. Unimane

Pac wins more decisively than he did last time. I think he's lost a bit, but dominated a pretty good fighter in Bradley. I think Bradley watched the Marquez IV fight too many times and thought he could win with one bomb. Bad idea. I still feel cheated that we forever lost the opportunity to see a Pac-Mayweather fight at their heights in 2009.

11. kidbourbon

TB is simply a scrub

12. Unimane

I think he's a decent fighter, but not as good as his record and he doesn't really do anything that great. He's definitely not as good as an all-timer like Pasquiao, but few are. He'll carve out a nice couple of years until he hits his mid-30s and his lack of doing anything great precipitates a quick crash out of the spotlight.

13. kidbourbon

DLH?

14. kidbourbon

And I agree with Uni here. TB isn't worth anybody's PPV money, and maybe Pac isn't right now, but five years ago Pac was pretty damn solid and one of the more entertaining guys to watch. Awkward style with some real talent.

And Melissa didn't give me her number because apparently she's seriously dating Juan's brother. Juan, of course, being the douchey orbiter whose role I was unable to pinpoint until it was pinpointed. But we shouldn't speak ill of Melissa as she was much sweeter than her looks demanded her to be. Or maybe she just wanted to bang me but pesky Juan-the-douchey-orbiter would have told the brother. Yeah, let's go with that option.

15. Unimane

His work in the lower weights was more impressive than what he's done in the recent welterweights, aside from a really solid victory over Cotto that's as impressive as anything he did at 135. Dude is 35 and made his way as a whirling dervish that overwhelmed opponents. As a boxing fan, I will have a special place in my heart for Pac as he, almost without fail, brought the goods and made an entertaining fight every time after I spent too much time watching the drudgery of Lennox Lewis and Floyd Mayweather.

16. kidbourbon

I was following you until the last part. What's the drudgery of Floyd Mayweather?

17. Unimane

Mayweather is without a doubt a great fighter and an ATG, but most of his fights were only something that a boxing purist could enjoy. I can appreciate his immense talent, but he isn't that entertaining of a boxer. He generates excitement now because people tune in to see if he can keep his zero.

18. Unimane

I've been out a few days, but did anyone catch the fight on HBO this past Saturday? As I was watching, there's one thing I discovered. I've never been more certain that someone is using 'roids as I am that Juan Manuel Marquez is juicing. People who are 40 don't suddenly get a new jaw line, a ripped body and acne breakouts on their chest.

19. IP

IP Super Moderator

chest acne and change in cranial dimensions are pretty big red flags on 40 year olds.

20. kidbourbon

8,000% chances he is juicing, if that were possible.