TN OC Hire

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by Tenacious D, Nov 29, 2018.

1. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

That is just one of the deaths while he had been HC at ND.

2. Butthole

Butthole Chieftain

He's a monster.

3. justingroves

justingroves supermod

The whole damn thing fell because of high winds, it was a scissor lift.

**TDCVOL** likes this.
  4. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

I think he also threw a fit about practice not being filmed due to the wind advisory till they ignored the warning and filmed it anyways.

Butthole and justingroves like this.
  5. RockyHill

RockyHill Loves Auburn more than Tennessee.

Ignoring any of what he might have been aware of at Baylor, Kendall Briles would be an incredible hire by Pruitt.

6. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

Being 40 feet in the air in high winds is scary AF

7. justingroves

justingroves supermod

And dumb as [uck fay], no offense. I've done it and said nope

kmf600 and **TDCVOL** like this.
  8. **TDCVOL**

**TDCVOL** Contributor

I also think the whole thing with the kid on the scissor lift is on video ?? I remember all that.

9. NEW COACH

NEW COACH Contributor

Minus Groves wanting Kendal Briles to be shot....everyone else cool with making that hire?

10. justingroves

justingroves supermod

He's a great offensive mind. I don't mind him here. I like him a lot better than Freeze

Savage Orange and NEW COACH like this.
  11. Savage Orange

Savage Orange I need ammunition, not a ride. -V Zelensky.

He’d be a great hire from a purely coaching standpoint. Not the high character model citizen type like Cutcliff but I guess I’d be ok enough with it.

12. Savage Orange

Is Sexton Briles’ agent? If so... BOHICA...

13. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Kiffin hired him so I would assume everyone would be good with it. I actually think his offense would work well at UT.

14. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

Kendal was actually my top choice from the beginning. Just never considered him realistic. Still don’t.

15. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

With UT's Title IX issues, I just don't see Briles being a viable option.

utvol0427 and zehr27 like this.
  16. I agree. I forgot about him.

17. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

There was a time where I thought that Dooley could've been a successful CEO-style head coach if he could find and retain good assistant talent. The "find" part went fine, with Chaney and Wilcox on his initial staff and Pittman coming in to replace Hiestand. It was the "retain" bit that was a total disaster. And the recruiting part.

Memtownvol and justingroves like this.
  18. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

We would have to pay a cool 1 million dollars to bring Kendal to the hill. That's his buyout at UH.

19. Savage Orange

With UT’s W&L issues, we have to at least make an effort to hire him if he’s interested/available. Not doing so would be a failure on the UTAD’s part.

20. I was certain Dooley would fail here from the moment I heard his name mentioned. A losing record in the WAC, which included a losing record in his 3rd and final year there, offered no hope that he could win in the SEC. He ended up being even worse than I feared he would be when we announced him, because he couldn't/didn't recruit or coach. It was a panic hire, and it gutted this program.