TN OC Hire

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by Tenacious D, Nov 29, 2018.

1. GoVols2003

GoVols2003 Contributor

I am not really. I read Maryland doesn't have nearly TN money for assistants, but there was a thought Fitz could be different bc he and Kevin Plank are tight.

2. BigOrangeBeech

BigOrangeBeech Poster of the Month, July 2014 and recruiting guy!

Most of VN is already celebrating Yurcich. So I am totally on board with the idea now that this will get Pruitt fired.

warhammer likes this.
  3. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

He signed his 3 kids up for a winter camp my son is doing today. It lasts through early february so i feel safe.

4. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

I'm not sure on the translation difference with conferences. Hard to really tell how it would convert but those numbers would work.

5. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

I may have missed it, but has anyone reported that we actually have interviewed him?

If he's high on the list it doesn't make sense why there would be a delay in wrapping this up. He's not prepping for a playoff game.

6. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

Yurich racks up the yards and points. I can convince myself to be optimistic about this.

OK State has looked soft to me at times, but he’ll leave all that in Stillwater, I’m sure.

7. **TDCVOL**

**TDCVOL** Contributor

If it’s Yurcich the report of the deal being done for a while has to be incorrect. Must have been Briles and it fell through.

8. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

Didn’t realize he’d been there since 05. Fedora for 3 years, Trooper Taylor/Gunter Brewer co-OC for one year, Gunter Brewer solo the next, Holgorsen for 1, Monken for 2, and now Yurcich for 6. Not a bad list

lylsmorr likes this.
  9. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

I would think the kids would stay here through spring to finish school regardless of where he is working, depending on their ages.

10. **TDCVOL**

**TDCVOL** Contributor

Seems like a couple of guys are saying Yurcich may be thinking he’s getting a head coaching job (Akron) So don’t hold your breath on him either.

11. RockyHill

RockyHill Loves Auburn more than Tennessee.

If it is Yurcich I’m really curious about what Pruitt wanted in his new OC.

I’ll say this though, I’d take Yurcich over Freeze 10/10.

12. The Big O

The Big O Contributor

In other news. Auburn just hired Memphis OC Kenny Dillingham as their new OC.

13. RockyHill

I hope he’s a good QB coach because Gus as the unquestioned playcaller is back and ready to rock baby.

14. 2Maggitt2Quit

2Maggitt2Quit Chieftain

For all the [itch bay]ing and moaning that occurred when they were going to hire Freeze (some from me), this is pretty damn funny.

15. RockyHill

And lol at dropping at 10:00 on Sunday night.

16. RockyHill

From his Memphis Bio:

He also worked for the City of Scottsdale (Ariz.) as a football camp manager from 2009-13.

17. RockyHill

[​IMG]

18. GoVols2003

GoVols2003 Contributor

Saw where a OSU site mod said he has spurned opportunities at Auburn and Bama previously. Guy claims to have talked to him today and didn't think he would leave Gundy unless it was HC.

19. RockyHill

Seems like an opportunity like this one would be good to prove himself for a big time-ish job if he doesn’t want to start at a G5.

20. GoVols2003

GoVols2003 Contributor

I know a guy that a is a GA or something there. Raves about the guy's offensive acumen. Said he was a GA a few years ago and they liked him so much they promoted him. Only 28.