The Official 2012 NHL Playoffs Thread

Discussion in 'Sports' started by BearCat204, Apr 10, 2012.

1. NashVol11

NashVol11 Well-Known Member

Detroit has two options: retaliate and make the series into a brawl, or let it go and continue playing their game. If they choose the latter, that hit didn't really change anything. If it's the former, Nashville has shown that it's just fine with physical games. Hal Gill didn't even play and poor Ian White still doesn't know which way is up.

Either way, it's essentially Detroit's choice to make. They can go after Weber, or they can leave it alone. Weber's ability to intimidate people or play enforcer would matter if he were the one with the chip on his shoulder, but he's not; it's Detroit. If they want to try and scare him straight, it's highly unlikely to work and I for one will very much enjoy seeing what happens next.

2. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

Weber is going to get rocked at some point tomorrow, might as well take it and get on with the series. Unless it breaks something, the refs should just look the other way.

3. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

I agree with this. Next time he backs down will be the first time.

4. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

bingo. i hope it's Kronwall that gets him.

5. BearCat204

BearCat204 Chieftain

God I hate [uck fay]ing Boston so bad that I an puling for the Caps

6. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

i hate both those teams.

7. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

I wouldn't be the least bit shocked if Bertuzzi and Gaustad are on the ice to start the game tomorrow. Neither Trotz nor Babcock seems like a staged fight kinda guy, but they need to get their shit out of the way early. That's a heavyweight fight, too. I would love to see it.

8. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

Also, I am officially jacked for this game. GF bought me a ticket, and that's really awesome. Somehow or another, as many Preds games as I have attended, I have never seen them play the Wings

9. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

I've hated the Caps since I knew what the NHL was. I just can't pull for them. Please nobody post any Jmoore quotes until this series is over

10. Tar Volon

Awesome! I've never seen an NHL playoff game live, but it sounds like a hell of a lot of fun. Enjoy (hopefully a win)!

11. BearCat204

BearCat204 Chieftain

Going back to Philly up 0-2.....couldn't ask for more. Double hat tricks

12. Tar Volon

I dislike the Flyers, but not as much as I dislike the Pens. And I have Giroux on my playoff fantasy team.

Preds controlled the flow of play better than Wednesday, but they were dreadful finishing, and Rinne didn't have his typical super-human game. Only goal #2 was a real softie though.

13. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

Will you go to Detroit please?

14. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

One of these days. It is one of the places on my sports to do list.

15. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

Let's Go Blues! Had urgent business in another room in the apartment and missed the ending, apparently it was mayhem. A pretty good message-sending beatdown on the scoreboard as well. I really hope the Blues and Preds meet, for I will make at least one trip over to Nashville.

16. Tar Volon

Kevin Klein!

That is all

17. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

Can't believe that happened.

18. BearCat204

BearCat204 Chieftain

Getting awful nasty in the Flyers game......Crosby is a [itch bay]and Asham should be tossed for the series

19. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Just pat him on the back of the head, he'll go down with a concussion.

20. BearCat204

BearCat204 Chieftain

I'm hoping to see him get trucked and not get up