The PAC 12 Week 5 Tier-a-thon

Discussion in 'Cal Bears' started by kidbourbon, Sep 22, 2014.

Tags:
  1. kidbourbon

kidbourbon Well-Known Member

I'm not sure that this is right, but I'l try:

I'm Very Much Not Obsessed With This Team:
    Oregon: I don't think Oregon is necessarily going to run the table, but I have to think they're a hair or two better than any of Stanford, USC, or UCLA.

Close To Oregon, But Wouldn't Be Favored Against Them On A Neutral Field
    UCLA: they keep winning. It isn't pretty but they keep doing it.
    USC: I have very little idea what should be done with this team.
    Stanford: I don't really know what to do with this team either.

I Am Having Difficulty Distinguishing Between This Large Chunk Of Teams:
    Utah: yeah, but Brady Hoke.
    Oregon St: Why are these teams barely beating Hawaii? Am I sleeping on Hawaii?
    Arizona: Rich Rod: why can't you cover a [dadgum] spread?
    Arizona St: I'm excited to see this team play UCLA. I have no idea how that is going to play out.
    Washington: I don't think this team will be undefeated for long.
    Wash St: Not the shiniest record, but I think they can play with all the teams in my proposed third tier.

Not The Worst
    California

Not As Bad As They Used To Be, But Still The Worst:
    Colorado

2. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

I'd put asu higher and UCLA lower. Unfortunately kelly is out for Thursday's game and Hundley likely plays.

3. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

Also if cal is your 11th team (probably right), I wouldn't put Arizona too high. Btw oregon state always sucks in the non conference games.

4. dknash

dknash Chieftain

More like tear-a-thon, 'cause they'll all be crying when they get shut out of the playoff. Ha ha!

5. kidbourbon

Would you change any of the tiers or just the ordering within the tiers? Because I gave very little thought to the ordering of that third tier, and could easily change it up.

In fact, Arizona state probably should be atop that tier. Not sure how I would change the rest of the ordering.

6. IP

IP Super Moderator

I took it as the tiers being in no particular order, on first reading. But I'm working on my reading.

7. kidbourbon

I didn't pay the order within the tiers any mind when I did it, but I think my second tier is in the right order, and the third tier is quite messy.

Reading is hard. It's a WIP for many of us.

8. IP

IP Super Moderator

I do think Washington St is a dangerous team. They aren't good, but they don't suck and will sneak up on some of their fellow third tier folks.

9. kidbourbon

Their QB is really good, but that D doe. It's even worse than usual. But they can generally keep scoring, and so they'll be in most games.

10. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

I'd put asu in the top tier. Not convinced utah is good rather than michigan being terrible. Oregon is the best, but their oline is garbage. I thought usc was good and then they get rolled by bc. I'd be surprised to see any team run the table.

11. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

Lost to Nevada and Rutgers. Not sure the oregon result is more than Oregon not being a top 5 team. I expect them to beat cal because it's a bad matchup for Cal's d and its at home, but I bet they don't win many other games.

12. justingroves

justingroves supermod

He who has the ball last, wins the ball game when you're playing Washington State.

They aren't going to keep you from scoring, but you're not stopping them either.

13. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

WSU's qb throws way too many ints to be considered really good.

14. vols520

vols520 New Member

Oregon is going to have issues with the offensive line. They made Washington St look like an NFL team.
    I don't see ASU beating UCLA, even though it's a Thursday game, UCLA had time to prepare with a buy last week. Should be interesting though.

15. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

Kelly is injured, but I still think they have a reasonable chance. they are a different team on at home at night as well.