The Parenting Thread

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by volfanjo, Sep 8, 2012.

1. DC Vol

DC Vol Contributor

Got my 4.5yo son into not only original Transformers but also TMNT. My best friend got me one of the mini-SNES' and we broke it out. So far the kid has a penchant for Mario Kart but he's terrible at it.

I also got him a .177 break barrel air rifle for X-Mas and will probably start training him on it next fall.

justingroves and kmf600 like this.
  2. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

TRANSLATION: I got myself a .177 break barrel air rifle and will let my son use it in the fall.

fl0at_, YankeeVol, DC Vol and 2 others like this.
  3. DC Vol

DC Vol Contributor

I got a tremendous deal on a Ruger .22 so he won't have much competition. We'll be plinking cans and then squirrels in no time.

kmf600 likes this.
  4. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I've managed to convince my wife I need 3 of everything so my sons won't raid my stuff.

kmf600 likes this.
  5. DC Vol

DC Vol Contributor

I like the way you think.

Took the .177 out shooting and it's fun for a small caliber air rifle. There is no way in hell this kid is engaging the piston until he's probably 10. It's got incredible tension.

6. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

Never take it easy on him. Never let him win. Builds character.

7. NorrisAlan

Well. Kids are due back from winter camp in about 3-4 hours.

Was fun while it lasted.

kmf600 likes this.
  8. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

So, my son used some Christmas money to get a Battlebots arena. I think it's the most fun I've had with one of his toys.

zehr27, DC Vol, justingroves and 2 others like this.
  9. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

My son got Grand Theft Auto V. Plays it on mute and just drives around town.

When he goes to bed, Daddy is running missions. I looked up at 3:15 this morning and said... “turn this shit off, what the hell is wrong with you?”... to myself.

10. DC Vol

DC Vol Contributor

So that .177 didn't even make it 2 weeks before I couldn't resist the urge. Broke it out and plinked a can in the backyard while I was waiting for my wood to start smoking for the pork loin I did for NYD.

It's a fun little rifle and pretty good within 30 yards. Absolutely whisper quiet.

11. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Ive run from police till wee hours a few times on Need for Speed, I think it was called. Run stuff over and drop the roof onthe police. Had a steering wheel and gas petal set up on a dinner tray. Kinda miss those days.

12. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

My son plays Red Dead 2 all the time. Apparently, he enjoys shooting animals with rifles. He will ride his horse around and hunt for hours if I let him.

NYY likes this.
  13. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

Chuck E Cheese. Lord kill us all.

14. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Big Petri dish. New bugs being created at this moment from the dna, sweat glands, and licked fingers

15. NorrisAlan

Hate that place with the heat of a thousand suns.

16. DC Vol

DC Vol Contributor

RIP float

17. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

@Indy spoilers ahead

My son finally connected the dots and figured out that Santa Claus, the Easter Bunny, etc. isn't real.

Hallelujah.

justingroves likes this.