The Paths to a Bowl in Year 1

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by IP, Oct 13, 2018.

1. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

One of the few I’d be okay with.

2. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

Agreed. If there has to be a representative. I want them.

3. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Just to hear O with several microphones in his face

BigOrangeBeech and warhammer like this.
  4. RockyHill

RockyHill Loves Auburn more than Tennessee.

I prefer the hidden locker room mike. “We gon burn der homes and rape der women. NO LUBE!!!”.

justingroves likes this.
  5. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

No, more like

"Gon dah lo or da football. Lube onna lig bah. Football!"

6. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

I’d like to play Kentucky with them having everything to lose.

IP, warhammer, AbeFroman and 7 others like this.
  7. NorrisAlan

Hell yeah.

8. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Because they would...because they're Kentucky

NYY likes this.
  9. Savage Orange

Savage Orange I need ammunition, not a ride. -V Zelensky.

What would make it even better is that as many times as they hoped to spoil our season (and failed) the ONE time we can wreck their season, we WON’T fail to do so.

NYY likes this.
  10. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

That may be the game I go to

hohenfelsvol likes this.
  11. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Alright here we go:

I'm not going to do Alabama's because Hurts hasn't played enough this year to know if he's any better at passing than he was last year. Alabama is still the best of the best even if they don't throw but 10 passes a game. It is what it is.

Let's look at the quarterbacks for South Carolina, Mizzou, Vandy and Kentucky.

Jake Bentley against SEC opponents: 79-138; 57% completion percentage; 901 yards; 6 tds to 7 interceptions. Those are against UGA, Vandy, UK and TAMU

Drew Lock against SEC opponents: 53-110; 48% completion percentage; 567 yards; 1 TD to 5 interceptions. Those are against UGA, South Carolina and Alabama

Kyle Shurmur against SEC opponents: 50-102; 49% completion percentage; 578 yards; 3 tds to 2 interceptions. Those are against UGA, South Carolina and Florida

Terry Wilson against SEC opponents: 45-70; 64% completion percentage; 462 yards; 3 tds to 3 interceptions. Those are against Florida, Mississippi State, South Carolina and TAMU. He does have 186 yards rushing in those games.

I don't see any reason to fear any of these QBs.

utvol0427 likes this.
  12. IP

IP Super Moderator

Wtf happened to lock? Doolified.

13. NorrisAlan

Dude, have you seen how well Lock's cleats are tied? And his towel hanging from his belt in exactly the right way as to maximize drying and trip prevention?

14. justingroves

justingroves supermod

He's not throwing it 50 times a game and yes, Dooley

15. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

Those stats groves posted had me interested in defensive rankings.

We’re currently the 31st ranked defense. Gonna be nasty on that side.

16. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Lock had an interesting quote about Dipshit. They went to a restaurant and Lock ordered and asked for no tomatoes (or something) and Dipshit lectured him on not messing with food because they know what tastes good.

This is the only thing he had to say about Dipshit teaching him anything

RockyHill, Memtownvol and IP like this.
  17. BigOrangeBeech

BigOrangeBeech Poster of the Month, July 2014 and recruiting guy!

Bet he has good shower technique too

18. DC Vol

DC Vol Contributor

Here's how I see it playing out, assuming we keep improving week-week, stay healthy and we don't let the Bama game completely depress the team.

@USC: Loss. UT is coming off a raw-dogging and USC is coming off a BYE. They're not a better team, per se, but they get us at the best possible time in a night game at home. 3-5

Charlotte: Better damned well be a win. 4-5

Kentucky: Get them at home. They're on a downward slide and looked bad against TAMU. We get them directly after they play UGA, which they will likely lose. If UT plays like it did against Auburn, UT wins by 10+. 5-5

Mizzou: Win. They're trash. Their OC is trash and their mascot looks like it's about to sneeze. A tiger for a mascot, how original. 6-5

@Vandy: Win. They're also trash. Ignore the @, it'll be a home game. 7-5

Auburn isn't the toughest team in the SECW, not even the 3rd toughest, but they're far better than any of the mentioned teams here and we got them at their house. So far, based on what I've seen from this team, they'll keep improving through the year.

7-5 we'll probably get the Belk Bowl or Music City Bowl.

IP likes this.
  19. IP

IP Super Moderator

I think this is a likely forecast. USC better be ready to play, though, if Auburn wasn't a fluke.

20. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

that surprises me. Doesn't feel top 50