The POTSB fiasco

Discussion in 'VOLuminous' started by CardinalVol, Oct 9, 2013.

1. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

If it in any way weakens Dave Hart, I'm for it.

So, I'm supporting their position, no matter how incorrect, on the hopes that the uninformed are both loudest and in the majority.

2. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

As much as I hate Dave Hart, I hate bands, band kids, and band directors as a whole more. I'm firmly in Hart's corner on this one.

3. hallowed_hill

hallowed_hill Active Member

You guys just don't get it. The POTSB was here long before the athletic department and will be here long after they're gone. So saith the drum major chick.

4. CardinalVol

IMO they are still reeling from a couple of years ago when DB's band came and put on a better halftime show than the POTSB did.

5. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

****roaches, in other words

6. hallowed_hill

hallowed_hill Active Member

**** DB too.

7. justingroves

justingroves supermod

After slapping him

8. Lexvol

Lexvol Super Moderator

"One time...at band camp...I shoved a flute up my Sousa"

l3rewski likes this.
  9. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

After the pregame I don't care how much or how little the band plays. Im not a fan of DJ Jazzy___________,whoever is picked to spin tunes thru the speakers. Id been fine if they clipped the cord to the speakers at that point.

10. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

This can't go unnoticed.

Laughed. Audibly.

11. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

Just curious, but for those who seem to want to do away with the marching band, do you hate bands at college football games in general, or do you have something against UT's band?

12. CardinalVol

I hate bands period.

13. hatvol96

hatvol96 Well-Known Member

I don't care about bands. If a school has one, fine. I'm just not going to listen to them [itch bay] and moan.

14. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

Screw them all. Play your trumpet and shut the **** up.

15. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

I don't have a problem with bands, per se - so long as they understand their requisite value, know their role and stay firmly entrenched in it.

16. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

I'm fine with all this. I just like the sound of the actual band much more than the pep band.

17. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

I like to win football games. I don't care if we even play music. We could have Siegfried and Roy in the corner with a liger during tv timeouts. Or better yet, throw sab in a cage with Jerry Sandusky and Josh Briscoe. May the best man get caboose for all I care.

18. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

I like the band. I don't want to hear them [itch bay] either. Especially when it's going to go crazy and piss off all the Facebook VFLers who don't even know the whole deal.

19. CardinalVol

Unfortunately, no band on earth understand the value or is willing to know and stay entrenched in their role. Hence why I hate every last one of them. The POTSB was the last one out there I didn't hate, but now they are on the list as well.

20. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

When they start talking about how they'd be around even if football didn't exist then you know they need to be put in their place. I'd bet $500 that the iteration of the band before football was 100 percent military related.