The POTSB fiasco

Discussion in 'VOLuminous' started by CardinalVol, Oct 9, 2013.

1. justingroves

justingroves supermod

They went and got Under Armour shit with Tennessee logos on it.

How ****ing stupid is Sousa?

2. Dick Huffman

Dick Huffman Guest

I like a loud deafening band like Bamas and LSU. I don't like the shit that the POTSB has became over the last decade. The Wizard of Oz was the band taking their cue from Dooley at Lexington and telling the state " get rid of us. We no longer serve a purpose."

3. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

When?

4. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

I agree. I almost feel like the point of the band should be to infuriate opponents with rocky top.

5. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Form the T and play Rocky Top. That's there job

6. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Brent Hubbs has it in the war room today

7. CardinalVol

Good lord.

8. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

Good. Now cut their funding and tell them they have to pay for their own stuff now.

9. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

I love it when people are consistently stupid.

I guess all that's left at this point is for the drum major to run over and kick the shit out of Smokey.

10. GoVols2003

GoVols2003 Contributor

I have heard that 2 years ago the Band was taken out of the Adidas contract with UT. Each band member now pays a $250 or so fee for certain clothing. Sousa claims that Adidas was unwilling to help them buy the apparel, but Under Armour gave them a deal. Now I call bull crap bc as someone who purchases clothing/uniforms for a athletic department, I can promise you it is not hard to obtain adidas gear for a decent price when you are talking about the numbers of kids they have. I assume it was a FU toward the AD. Anyway, Sousa apparently told them that there was no problem with them using the power T...except that was not true and Adidas was pissed when they found out that Under Armour had printed the power T and threatened to sue the Univ for breach of contract.

According to someone with band ties on VQ, Adidas shipped out a t-shirt and hat prior to the UF game to avoid any closeups on CBS games bearing the UA logo alongside the power T.

BRent Hubbs posted a thread the other day that essentially shredded every thing that Sousa and Co have said in the Beacon and otherwise. Clearly the AD gave him the information to shred them. Among it were numbers of how much time the band had played each game over the past few years (times are up per game over last few years) and the fact that Sousa has neglected to show up at Game Operations meetings for several years now.

11. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

Is there some chance that we shut the band down to cease all this silliness and close off the money pit that it is?

12. MaconVol

MaconVol Chieftain

I can't imagine a game in Neyland without the band. However, they need to cut the crap and get on board. They are as well known as they are because of football and football only.

13. syndicate

syndicate Well-Known Member

Wow. How has Sousa kept his job?

14. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Chaos in the administration

15. IP

IP Super Moderator

Sounds like we need a new director of bands.

16. CardinalVol

Let's just add it to the list.

17. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

i heard....well, shit, i was gonna say i heard so-and-so owned land in Jefferson County but I can't think of a single band director

18. Bassmanbruno

Bassmanbruno Banned

It's not the band that's the issue here it's the AD.

19. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

Most all bands have this complex- even in high school. My standard challenge to them is telling them to advertise a band performance on one day, advertise a football game on another & see which one draws more people. That will tell them where they stand.

Having said that, I think they do enhance the game. They don't make the game though. I appreciate the band because I got into countless games free while my brother was a member when I didn't have the money to pay for a ticket.

I miss Dr. Julian. Sousa has let the group turn to dog shit.

20. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

Get out. It's the band believing it can muster support by writing letters. The freaking band.