The "quality " of our SEC wins.

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by A-Smith, Dec 3, 2015.

1. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

Just did some figurin:

The last 4 teams we beat had a combined 6-26 SEC record.
    Those 6 wins were all against each other. (Somebody had to win those games.)
    Counting Georgia (who beat powerhouse Auburn) the teams we beat won one SEC game to a team not named South Carolina, Kentucky, Missouri, or Vanderbilt.

Dude on VN got me looking. Asked if we Negavols were on "suicide watch." Because apparently we want the team to suck (nope) but yet they have defied our expectations (and nope).

2. IP

IP Super Moderator

This is the most damning thing I've ever read about this season.

3. docholiday

docholiday Contributor

Numbers don't lie. You can't make this shit up.

4. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

#analytics

5. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

I've grown to accept the fact that he's gonna be around next year after honestly believing he should have been fired early on. But now we are rewarding him with more money... It's baffling.

6. Volmaul

Volmaul New Member

I knew those teams were bad, but that just hammers the point home. Dooley could have beaten up on the back end of this schedule. And with the Kirby Smart hire having about a 50/50 chance of success, South Carolina reverting to their old form, and Kentucky and Vanderbilt sucking again, Florida will be back to the only real competition for the East unless Missouri makes a good hire. It's a great time to be a mediocre coach who recruits well. Just ask Butch.

7. TangoUniform

TangoUniform Contributor

Have not even looked at next year's schedule, but when we go 8-4 (or worse) again --- including a loss to Fuente and Tech (I think that's next year) -- MAYBE these idiots will finally understand we've got Ron Zook jr. at the helm.

I just don't know what it's going to take to break through to these people.

But by god, we're stuck with this ****er for at least 2 or 3 more years... probably 4. And when we lose to Florida and bama for the next 2, 3, 4 years, maybe he'll get fired.

This man is incapable of winning 9 games during the regular season. Flat incapable.

8. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

Barring some sort of major collapse, he was always going to be around next year.

9. Savage Orange

Savage Orange I need ammunition, not a ride. -V Zelensky.

Yeah... He could have been photographed and video'd popping Mack Crowder in the pooper while wearing a Village People Indian getup and singing the Alabama fight song and he'd STILL have a job.

10. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

Best I can tell, botch has 1 quality win in his career.

11. knoxvol

knoxvol Contributor

#anal ytics

12. knoxvol

knoxvol Contributor

Always remember this about B#tch: Dooley beat him.

13. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

I'll give him .5 over UGA this year, so 1.5.

14. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

I considered that, but that team was really bad.

15. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

He gets .5 for the "name win" and beating one of the big three on the schedule, not because they were any great team in 15.

16. Savage Orange

That's one more than I can recall... The UGa win this year doesn't really qualify and none of the Sakerlina wins do either, imo....

17. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

2013 USCjr game was a quality win.

And he has North to thank for it. 2014 was Spurrier saying "**** it, I want to go golf." 2015 was a horrible squad that we barely beat.

18. knoxvol

knoxvol Contributor

Yep. The guy is 1-8 vs. big three. With that sample size, I think you can chalk this UGA win up to their being bad much more than B#tch being good.

19. knoxvol

knoxvol Contributor

The fact that they were "up" is a function of the SEC East being down. USC will regress to their Brad Scott mean.

20. Savage Orange

I'm not completely sure I buy into that. If they make the right hire (read:NOT Will Muschump) they could remain at least competitive. The East is so bad it's almost anybody's to win. Kentucky and Vandy can fuggedabouddit but any other school has a legit shot if things fall right.