The rest of the schedule

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by TangoUniform, Sep 14, 2015.

1. TangoUniform

TangoUniform Contributor

Trying to be as honest with myself as possible, considering what we've got and what everybody else has shown 2 games into the season, I don't know why even the best coaching staff in america cannot pull out 8 more wins. The only definite losses I see are Bama and Georgia.

I'm not sure we can lose more than that even if guys start dropping to injury.

Not saying I'm back on the Kool aid or anything... just that it seems like we ought to finish 9-3 in spite of this coaching staff.

Thoughts? (I know some have mentioned it in other threads, but I was hoping to track those thoughts better in this one)..

9-3 ... shoulda been 10-2.

2. RockyHill

RockyHill Loves Auburn more than Tennessee.

It's hard to foresee the ineptitude lurking at every corner. 9-3 seems plausible and then I think about Saturday.

3. TangoUniform

TangoUniform Contributor

I don't disagree.. but I'm starting to think more of how everybody else on the rest of our schedule might be more inept than we are.

4. GahLee

GahLee Director of Conspiracy Theories, 8th Maxim

UGA is not a definite loss. They're not any good either.

5. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Any coaching staff with a pulse can beat the failure brigade.

That means further potential losses to: Alabama, Georgia, Missouri, Arkansas, Kentucky, South Carolina. In no way should UT lose to any of them save Bama, but don't underestimate the scheme disadvantage.

6. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

Very one dimensional team...

7. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

The only guaranteed wins I see is WCU, North Texas, and Vandy. I would not be surprised if we lost to everyone else. I could see us finish anywhere between 5-7 and 8-4.

8. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

If we go 5-7 or 6-6 and his office isn't cleaned out immediately after the last game, then there is no hope for our program. I would put 7-5 on that list as well, but lets be frank, that ain't gonna happen.

9. Savage Orange

Savage Orange I need ammunition, not a ride. -V Zelensky.

If Botch had shown even ONCE that he is capable of closing out a tight game against a ranked opponent (or even one that was half ass decent) I would have a bit more faith. As it stands, I'm totally done with him and his punk ass loser staff. I hate it for the actual players (except for Jumper who can **** off at the first available opportunity) who have to have their careers at UT wasted playing for this clown car full of charlatans....

10. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

2013 South Carolina?

Butch has coached like he's terrified of losing against Vandy (2013), Florida (2014), and OU, but give him no expectations, and he's had a few nice performances.

[please note: this is an observation, not an endorsement]

11. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

I can admit my bias against Jones at the moment, but even with that, I have always considered that 2013 game to be less of a "win" for Jones, and more of a "loss" on the OBC. I think Spurrier lost that game, being cute. Absent North's miraculous catch, it's an easy loss, IMO.

But your point is a fair and valid one.

12. GahLee

It's not Jumper's fault he's out there, give the kid a break.

13. 2Maggitt2Quit

2Maggitt2Quit Chieftain

OP is basically where I'm at.

It's a weird feeling to expect 9-3 with our talent, but know we won't get there.

Our only hope is Butch figuring this out, but if he hasn't by this point, when will he? But they know exactly what opposing defenses will do from here on out.

14. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

North had to make an amazing catch, but we did keep that close despite having no business being on the field with that team, and our defense did at least get the ball back for Worley and North when the Gamecocks had a chance to ice it.

It's easy to forget because they're South Carolina, but that team beat a Mizzou that housed us and beat a top ten Clemson by two TDs

15. salutethehill

salutethehill Member

After Saturday, in my mind, a 9-3 season would be a monumental success.

16. MettaWorldPeace

MettaWorldPeace Contributor

They could run the regular season table until Georgia Tech, if they didn't have Helen Keller playing quarterback.

17. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

Please tell me what games we win to get 8-9 wins.

18. 615 Vol

615 Vol Chieftain

I haven't followed anything UT football news related except for 10 minutes of Doug Matthews show. So, any update on Maggitt or TKjr?

19. GahLee

Their QB situation is awful.

20. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

You mean like UF last year?