The return of Jalen Hurd?

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by Tenacious D, Mar 28, 2017.

1. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

Think I read that he's floated the idea of possibly coming back, and didn't know if anyone had heard about the possibility.

Something about he could only be used as a TE or H-Back, something or other.

Anyone read this, or heard of it?

Any predicitons on whether it is even possible, or happens? How you could you bring him back without risking the loss of the locker room?

2. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

Jimmy Hyams shot it down.

3. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Sweet. So how do you think he'll fare against Georgia Tech's defense?

4. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Welcome back Jalen!

5. Tenacious D

Thanks, JQQ. I think I read something late last week.

I didn't know how Butch could say no, but then I also don't know how he could have said yes, either.

Did he say it was a done-done sort of deal?

6. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

I hope this is true. If we are gonna suck ass at football, I'd at least like to have some drama to keep me entertained.

7. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

There will be plenty of drama when we finish September at 2-3.

8. Tenacious D

I can't believe that we are going to lose to GATech, but then, I also think it's inevitable.

9. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

Just needs more time. This year's team will have never played a game after losing a 1st round draft choice.

10. hohenfelsvol

hohenfelsvol Beer run

He could be used in a minimized role and still be productive. I wouldn't mind as long as he wasn't poison in the locker room again.

11. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

Opening weekend on National television in the prime time spot on Monday night with a new QB, no Barnett, and playing an option team. At this point, I'll be surprised if we win.

12. justingroves

justingroves supermod

There is a fairly large talent gap, though. Butch doesn't choke unless talent is equal or something important is at stake

13. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Somewhat think Shoop will be fairly focused and ready after stewing on how we ended last season for 9 months. Even sans Barnett, I think defense will be improved this year.

14. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

That's what will happen. This is UT. Lights out defense will lead us to nine wins while offense sucks balls. Butch gets four year extension. Shoop leaves for another gig. Brady Hoke gets promoted. We suck in 2018.

15. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

Especially since he's coaching for his next job.

16. Tenacious D

We only suck in 2018?

Such optimism.

17. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

It literally can't be worse than it was the last few weeks of 2016

18. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

Most here know he was sold an idea or plan during his recruitment and the pitch was made again during the bowl prep and game at the end of his sophomore year and it was never acted on.
    Jalen was being urged by his daddy (who was not very involved until Jalen had made a name for himself) to leave. I think he made a mistake leaving when he did and should have left earlier or finished this year and declared.

Its funny to here the Butch brigade go after Hurd calling him a cancer but fail to realize Jones would have kept him for 4 years if he wanted to stay regardless.

Hurd was a cornerstone to a great class that swept across the state that year. Oddly enough Jones has slid sideways with instate recruiting since then.

19. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

No faith in Shoop

20. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

It literally shouldn't be, but it literally can be.