The Scourge of Voter Fraud

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by JayVols, Apr 1, 2014.

1. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

2. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

Did you really link that piece of crap?

3. JayVols

I thought you'd enjoy that. Haha.

4. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

That was as poorly done as humanly possible.

5. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

I've never understood why i've been allowed to vote without some form of identification.

6. smokysbark

smokysbark Chieftain

Huh? I've never voted without having to show my driver's license. I thought that was standard in every state. If not your DL, then some other form of picture ID.

7. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

in california, i simply give my name. and of course when i sign my name i can read the names of 20 other people who haven't voted yet and surely could walk out and have some homeless person use the other name. we also don't require proof of citizenship or legal residency to get a drivers license.

8. JayVols

I know all the folks that work the elections- not only in my precinct but it most all of them.

9. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

10. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

"Vote Early. Vote Often."

11. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

It's not who votes that matters, but who counts the votes

12. Low Country Vol

Low Country Vol Contributor

Those receiving government assistance such as Food Stamps and housing subsidies must provide identification such as a driver's license, health care ID card, or birth certificate.

13. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

over the top vote suppression.

Funny how the same guy won't rant about politicians using the public coffers for vote buying and job preservation. Gerrymandering and vote buying are complete garbage and both centered on the same end. The idea that this idiot can argue one and not the other, while arguing that "demographics" are in his favor makes me want to hurl. It should drive him nuts that "demographics" dictates voter mindset, but he apparently doesn't have it in him to recognize the root of that problem.

14. Joseph Brant

Joseph Brant Airbrush Aficionado

I used to have to show ID, now I can register to vote same day with a postmarked piece of mail, without any proof that the mail is addressed to me, or that the person its addressed to actually exists.

15. IP

IP Super Moderator

16. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

17. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

you mean similar to the outrage that all these black and poor people don't have a form of ID?

18. Unimane

No, it's a phony outrage based upon the realization that most of these people don't vote the way that the complainers want, so the huge "problem" is couched in this idea of a scam that really isn't occurring. I might have more sympathy for the position if it weren't presented as creating a problem that is false.

19. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

if it doesn't do anything one way or another why do you care?

20. Unimane

Do I need a vested interest to have an opinion on the matter? Why do you care?