The Section 103 Postgame Report.

Discussion in 'Keith Hatfield Memorial Vols Hoops' started by hatvol96, Jan 11, 2014.

1. hatvol96

hatvol96 Well-Known Member

1. Enough with the entering the arena through the crowd. You're a college basketball team, not The [dadgum] Shield.
    2. The first half defense was very good. The second half defense was nonexistent.
    3. Jeronne Maymon is the least of this team's problems. He gives you every last piece of effort.
    4. I have no idea what the officials were doing tonight. There was zero consistency from possession to possession.
    5. Jarnell Stokes allowed early foul trouble to ruin his night. He has to beentally tougher than that and play through.
    6. Jordan McRae just wasn't very good. The hero ball attempt on the final possession was especially bad.
    7. Alex Caruso is fun to watch. That said, you can't let a guy with no discernable jumper get to the basket that many times.
    8. Please explain UT's rotation to me. Apparently, playing very well in the first half doesn't earn you second half playing time.
    9. Billy Kennedy isn't doing a good job. A&M has too much talent to be reduced to playing burn the clock ball.
    10. Alas, Cuonzo Martin willfully let Kennedy drag a superior UT game into a tractor pull style shitfest. If Martin is unemployed come March, this game will be the main reason.

Last edited: Jan 12, 2014
  2. Basketvolsfan

Basketvolsfan Member

Well, I wanted to believe that the last few games Weren't a fluke, but this game verifies my fear that they were.

3. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

I missed this game for my son's indoor soccer tournament and I didn't even give a shit that I was missing it. I've reached Dooley levels of apathy with Martin. Never liked him in the first place, but he, and the team as a result, have about as much charisma and interest level of a dying snail.

4. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

some damn good radio tonight haha

5. Richard Dick

Richard Dick New Member

Any thoughts in Hart's ability to hire in basketball?

6. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

You serious, Clark?

7. IP

IP Super Moderator

If you are harboring any hope of competency from Hart, you're gonna have a bad time.

8. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

I mean, all time great radio.

9. hatvol96

I enjoyed it.

10. hatvol96

His track record at FSU isn't encouraging. Not sure how much he had to do with Anthony Grant's hiring at Alabama.

11. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

Just can't coach. Your point 7 and the double high post were the two I was absolutely screaming about in the second half. Caruso makes Ramar look like a jump shooter.

12. hatvol96

I love how his counter to A&M playing the burn game was to go to the [dadgum] Michigan State Scott Skiles Era weave. "Oh, you're trying to burn clock. I'll show you how to do that."

13. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

I'm glad I got drunk last night and missed this game.

14. MaconVol

MaconVol Chieftain

Clay Travis actually posted something halfway thought provoking on twitter last night.

Thoughts?

15. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

That's silly and completely different.

16. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

How is that thought provoking?

17. Bassmanbruno

Bassmanbruno Banned

He's coming back.

18. syndicate

syndicate Well-Known Member

Yeah, he got enough money from Hamilton on his way out the door to buy as many tickets as he wants.

19. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Joking, right???

20. hatvol96

Nah, he's going to Texas with Saban.