The Stock Market Thread

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by golfballs03, Oct 28, 2011.

1. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

Enterprise (EPD) is probably the least likely to go belly-up (I think you mean midstreamer, ET isn’t a service company). I’ve been watching ET and they are interesting. If this causes gas prices to go up some of their new investments are better. And they are swinging down capital spending. But EPD is hammered now as well and is a much better company. I’m worried about Targa. They signed something called acreage dedications - which EPD wouldn’t touch - and they are getting ready to lose a lot of money around those.

droski likes this.
  2. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Boeing shares halted for pending news.

3. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

[​IMG]

4. IP

IP Super Moderator

I don't know that we can let Boeing totally collapse, from a national security perspective

NorrisAlan likes this.
  5. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

Curious if they will be forced to split commercial and military operations if they get a bailout.

6. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Soooo... we good or more dips coming?

7. TennTradition

This was the stimulus bounce. We could see some additional gains into next week. Then economic data starts coming into focus. I’m 50% back in. But I’m cautious. We could have further downside depending on how bad the economic / recession data looms. But equities are beat up. Felt like a reasonable time to pick some exposure back up.

8. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

Could be one of those buy the rumor, sell the news situations.

IP likes this.
  9. TennTradition

After a day like today seems almost assured we are down tomorrow. But alas I waded in anyway.

10. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

I joked about buying volatility at close of the last 3 up days, and have watched those ETNs shoot to the moon from the sidelines every time the next day. But I'm not touching anything.

11. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

we’ll see another dip unless we can see the light at the end of the tunnel. I still like buying at these levels though

12. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

They’ll be another dip once unemployment numbers come out but after that I think it will stabilize.

Should also time good with increased testing capabilities and more data on a lot of the treatments being used in New York now.

13. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

people know we are going to see a big spike though

14. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

Was expecting there to be a small pullback today. I still have some money on the side I haven't committed yet. Trying to determine whether I should get in or watch a little longer

15. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Seems like there almost has to be another dip.

16. IP

IP Super Moderator

there will be in april when the consequences of opening everything back up become apparent

17. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

market just needs to see the light at the end of the tunnel

18. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

19. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

How come that never happens when I am around?

20. CitrusCo.Vol

CitrusCo.Vol Member

Do Buddhist have bulls in the temple?