The Stock Market Thread

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by golfballs03, Oct 28, 2011.

1. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

being 2 years off in financial projections is kind of a problem for a public company

2. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

i've read his autobiography and they certainly don't paint that picture

3. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

What are these problems?

4. fl0at_

Yea, he was ousted. He's not going to be super fond of what they did. But he was CEO and largest share holder. It isn't like he worked a desk during this "merger."

5. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

if he doesn't deliver again his stock is going to get crushed.

6. IP

IP Super Moderator

he is gonna call you a pedo if you keep that talk up

droski likes this.
  7. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

no but the technology that made the money wasn't his creation. he was all about virtual banking as the answer which isn't what ebay bought. that's why he was fired. because he was still pushing the virtual banking thing and they wanted to focus on the payment side. i give him credit for it. he had the foresight to see someone else had a better technology and to cash in on it, but there's a definite element of luck there.

8. fl0at_

If we were to believe what you've said all day, he's never delivered. So it seems like if he does deliver, according to you, that his stock will go down.

Give that in all these instances of "not-delivering" it has just been going up and up and up.

9. fl0at_

Possibly, but not wanting to just build a company to just sell is also what he does. There are plenty of silicon valley types, and really those all over (me included) that don't mind building a product just to sell it.

But that's not him. And doing it over and over again doesn't strike me as luck, but, habit.

10. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

momentum is an amazing thing. he's had some moderate successes this year, but not up 10X successes.

11. fl0at_

Yea, I agree, I don't know how or why his stock has gone meteoric in 2020, but it has, after being relatively flat.

But I feel pretty confident in saying that the stock price has nothing to do with delivery. We can debate on whether its the promises that is driving it. But there haven't been outlandish promises this year, either.

12. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

short covering is certainly a reason, but stocks going up can be a self fulfilling prophecy. if enough people think it will go up it will go up warranted or not. eventually reality catches up but that can take a long time.

13. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Not a good day for nasdaq, tech stocks or crypto.

14. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

This Gamestop thing is comical.

15. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

it's amazing how much some of these daytrading sites can manipulate stocks by getting people to buy. blackberry is going nuts for no reason too

16. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Gamestop has touched 230 since the market closed.

Money to be made shorting it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

17. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

bet it's hard to get shares to short

18. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

I bought a few puts with a small pot of money, but I've learned reddit blind enthusiasm can outlast my portfolio.

19. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

i bought nasdaq puts in february of 2000. expired before the crash. man is it hard to time.

20. yont sum iss?

yont sum iss? Contributor

AMC exploded too.