The Sunshine Pumping Josh Heupel Positives Thread

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by CardinalVol, Jan 27, 2021.

1. KyleAlexanderfan

KyleAlexanderfan Well-Known Member

Same. Normally I would say Bailey if it weren’t a new coach and we hadn’t just lost so much over the offseason.

2. Volsdude

Volsdude Well-Known Member

The streets I’ve been on say it ain’t Bailey, but it’s hard to imagine why after the spring game.

3. IP

IP Super Moderator

milton had just arrived at that point. or are your streets implying Maurer?

4. VOLinDAWGland

VOLinDAWGland Contributor

Well we do have a coach qualified to do that. Least of my worries.

5. ptclaus98

ptclaus98 Contributor

I'm more worried about if Len'neth Whitehead has stopped lying to himself and has made the switch to LB

6. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Accuracy is the most important thing in this offense and Bailey is by far the most accurate on the roster

7. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I don't think he's made it a week without being injured

8. Volsdude

Volsdude Well-Known Member

Seemed that Maurer was well liked from what I heard, but that he still does headscratching things. Take all of this with a grain of salt as it’s coming from a tertiary source so I’m sure it’s been amplified and dramatized, but seemed that the staff was really excited for the kid coming next year. I’m pretty sure I asked about Milton specifically so it must not have been quite that long ago and it seemed like a “we will see” answer. I can’t really remember all of the conversation, but what struck me was how the person kind of scoffed at Bailey. I, personally, thought he looked good some last year and in the spring game.

9. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

I'm not sure Bailey is able to get a playbook down and analyze as coaches would prefer. Maybe he has improved in that area. Heard there were some issues remembering and calling plays last year

10. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

That is my hope.

10SEvols likes this.
  11. SGMVols

SGMVols Contributor

Milton didn’t transfer 500 miles away to sit the bench and he likely wouldn’t have been offered if Heupel thought he had his guy on campus already. I’m not going to write him off because he wasn’t great in Harbaugh’s archaic offense.

TDVol1989 likes this.
  12. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

He was told he needed to be open to a possible position change if he came. Not saying that will happen but he knows he has to earn the job.

10SEvols and IP like this.
  13. IP

IP Super Moderator

he bet on himself, but I wouldn't read into that anything regarding this staff.

14. ptclaus98

ptclaus98 Contributor

Michigan had some terrible skill player as well.

15. TDVol1989

TDVol1989 Always Be Menstruating

My money is on Milton. I just think Heupel knows what he wants. Unless he has an apartment in the Woodlands with Kaidon Salter’s roommate, I think he’s the guy.

16. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

Sounds like a UT starting QB to me

10SEvols and zehr27 like this.
  17. Volokie

Volokie Active Member

I’ll be mildly surprised if it’s not Bailey, but it is refreshing to see true competition for QB in a new offense. It gives me hope The staff knows what they’re doing, have a plan, and a plan B.