The term "VFL"

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by Dick Huffman, Nov 26, 2015.

1. Dick Huffman

Dick Huffman Guest

Shouldn't that strictly be reserved for people who were on scholarship or lettered? I think there should be some prestige attached to this but instead I picture someone who refers to themselves as "VFL" as a fat loser wearing the old Korean lettering Vol caps from 1996.

2. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

I'm actually on board with just erasing anything Dooley brought here from the program's history.

3. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

So, Sab?

4. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

Same here.

5. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

What are you talking about? There was no Tennessee football before botch

6. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

Makes me picture bipolar cigarette chain smokers.

7. NEW COACH

NEW COACH Contributor

The term "VFL" is gay as hell

8. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

Not very PC bro.

9. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

VFL doesn't bother me, used by players or fans alike. In fact I find it the single redeeming thing ddiapos did.

10. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Agreed.

11. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

If the former players like it I'm down with the term in regards to them. It's kinda cheesy for fans, but thats JMO.

12. NashVol11

NashVol11 Well-Known Member

It's become an even more annoying way of saying "true Vols." I hate it.

13. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

Buncha non-VFLs in here.

14. rbroyles

rbroyles Chieftain

I see nothing wrong with it. I do not understand why it has gay connotations, but then I'm not of that persuasion. Maybe one of you can educate me.

I had an academic scholly at UT so do I qualify? I lost it my sophomore year due to spending too much time on Frat party 101 and wacky tobacky.

15. Joseph Brant

Joseph Brant Airbrush Aficionado

Only if you played in the NFL. We car reclaim VFLs after they've been disowned if they play on Sunday.

16. IP

IP Super Moderator

The only gay connotation is that he dislikes vfl and he dislikes "gayness." Therefore anything he dislikes must be "gay." In other words, he's not a very logical or intellectual person.

17. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Nothing wrong with the term VFL. Problem is that for a lot of people it might as well mean Butch for Life.

18. IP

IP Super Moderator

Agreed. Like "Allah ackbar." Saying God is great is nice, until you see it being shouted in reference to celebrating horrific violence. Then it's disturbing.