The Trash can

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by Oldvol75, Sep 5, 2017.

1. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

This is all that I'll say or which I think needs to be said - name one respectable coach who you think wouldn't fire anyone who even suggested this stupid shit, even if said in jest, and on the ****ing spot.

There is zero evidence that this is player driven, and mountains of evidence to suggest that it's precisely a Jones-initiated piece of silliness. I'm the only asshole who remembers brick by brick, champions of life, five star hearts, or the first down chant he created and tried to champion a few years ago?

It's the stupidest shit known to man, and it's entirely Butch Jones' doing. And if Curry allows it to ever be seen again, well, he's a ****ing moron, too.

I look forward to his placing an old wooden outhouse on the sidelines after we go 8-4 and he gets an extension - so that we'll all be reminded of who keeps shitting on us, and pissing season after season away.

2. cotton

cotton Stand-up Philosopher

The problem isn't the gimmicks and cliches. Every program, church, company, and cult has them. The problem is the ratio, and relative importance, of gimmicks and cliches to actual substance.

Ketchup is a condiment, not a food group.

3. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Miami has a gold chain their players put on when they get a turnover. It's stupid, but funny. And like cotton said, it's in addition to, not the central theme. When you plaster all the crap on said can and have a manager's job be carry it up and down the sideline, it becomes more than just a stupid gimmick.

Plus let's not forget, IT'S A STUPID TRASH CAN IN A WORLD WHERE MEMES CAN BE CREATED IN A NANOSECOND AND NOW THE ENTIRE SEASON IS GOING TO BE ABOUT THAT STUPID TRASHCAN!

4. TangoUniform

TangoUniform Contributor

i remember seeing the can last year a few times.... I think Shoop introduced it.

...but i'm willing to be corrected.

5. IP

IP Super Moderator

It wasn't hoisted and paraded about last year.

Could we not just get some custom receptacle made? Feed balls to the volcano? Put the ball in a basket and float it down the river like an abandoned baby? Slash and deflate it into a shrunken head? Or just cut it into a hat? How about lining them up behind the bench like trophies? Or personally handing it to their coach to receive an attaboy? Bury it and call it a touchdown seed.

These are all terrible ideas that are less terrible than a grey old trashcan. Not that.

Hell, slap a recycling symbol on the side.

6. CardinalVol

We will recycle your turnovers into touchdowns. I like it.

7. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

At least the uniforms are the right color for picking up trash...

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

8. IP

IP Super Moderator

I keep seeing "champions of trash" and "trash of life." Fml. Our school is getting cyber bullied. Nothing to do now but embrace it and turn it to ten. Checkboard that can and give it Smokey silver trim. Gotta own it now.

9. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

It already has checkerboard and is "Smokey gray". I want the score of each game on the can, and have it lead the way out of the T on Saturday.

10. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

they kept showing it on the broadcast. even I knew it was some butch jones stupid shit and not player driven.

11. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

12. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Anyone that gets one of those needs their trash dumped in their yard.

13. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

It's where our season is headed

14. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

Fixed.

15. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

It is almost worth jail time to risk hacking the book store and putting a trash can up for sale.

16. 615 Vol

615 Vol Chieftain

I like how they opened with the broadcast team making fun of Butch and his "do you have my back" speech.

17. Savage Orange

Savage Orange I need ammunition, not a ride. -V Zelensky.

Holy frijoles... I hope that is a joke and not serious advertising...

18. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

"Hey coach, I really liked our grit and determination against a very good Georgia Tech team, and I just want to know if we have 5 star trash cans. I'll hang up and listen."

19. CardinalVol

Instead of papaer bags over our heads later this year, we'll show up in garbage cans.

20. Savage Orange

Savage Orange I need ammunition, not a ride. -V Zelensky.

You may have hit on a marketing goldmine... If you could produce miniature trash cans like that I bet you could sell the living stew out of them...