the UK apparently leaving the EU....

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by JohnnyQuickkick, Jun 23, 2016.

1. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

[​IMG]

but seriously what does it mean?

2. gcbvol

gcbvol Fabulous Moderator

I think it's a great thing the people were able to decide the direction of their country peacefully. Definitely a win for democracy. May lead to economic challenges in the near term but independence is a good thing, imo.

3. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

Goodbye Cameron
    Large group of disenfranchised turnout for leave
    Status quo can't muster enough enthusiasm to turn out their vote.

4. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

Shows that polls and the opinions of national liberal pundits mean crap. The vocal minority just got punched in the face by the silent majority. Good for the UK

Last edited: Jun 24, 2016
  5. gcbvol

There will be a global economic blast wave. Speculation on its size and duration I'll leave to our financial experts.

6. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

S&p futures down 4 percent

7. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

I don't think it means a lot personally though

8. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

I'm certainly not an expert on these matters but won't things settle down when it becomes evident the world didn't end?

9. gcbvol

I think there's a good chance this leads to dissolution of the EU, so we may be heading into prolonged periods of turbulence. But that's uneducated speculation on my part.

10. ptclaus98

ptclaus98 Contributor

Value of the pound has gone down 16 cents overnight

11. ptclaus98

ptclaus98 Contributor

And lol if you guys think this is simply about independence. They didn't just free themselves from a tyrannical empire.

12. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

David Cameron out as PM. Boris in?

13. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

bad news. not horrible news. IMO

14. IP

IP Super Moderator

Ya, just like Obama in 2008 and 2012.

15. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

So should I buy pounds now, ahead of my trip to London in November? Should I buy as much of anytning I can (tickets, trains, hotels, etc)?

16. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Better check what kind of conversion fee you would be running over here versus over there.

17. Savage Orange

Savage Orange I need ammunition, not a ride. -V Zelensky.

Good for the UK for not buying the liberal scaremongering. The unbelievable arrogance of Obama going over there and basically telling UK citizens how they should vote just blew up in his (and Hillary's) face. With Hillary though, give it four weeks and the narrative will be that she was for it all along. Disgusting how bad in the tank the media is for her. Trump, for his part, played this about as well as anyone could have.

18. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

19. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

I knew somebody would pin this on Obama. Well done.

20. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

I think that buying things you know you'll need now is actually a good hedge. You're going to buy those in advance anyway and pay whatever conversion fee is on your credit card. I'd hold off on cash, personally.