The Undefeated

Discussion in 'Sports' started by The Dooz, May 19, 2016.

1. VictrixRapax

VictrixRapax New Member

Right, but I highly doubt the Bills would have paid Decker all that cash and targeted him as many times as they did without The Manning Boost. You need to ask yourself what stands out about Decker. He's certainly not 6'4, 230 with a 4.4. Does he have good hands? Run good routes? Maybe, but so do a lot of guys.

2. NashVol11

NashVol11 Well-Known Member

By that standard, Antonio Brown is just a guy.

3. VictrixRapax

VictrixRapax New Member

Antonio Brown is one of the fastest guys in the league, though. Decker doesn't have any trait that sticks out. I love the hood and despise silver-spooned suburbanites just as much as the next guy, but invoking Eric Decker, Dallas Clark and Marcus Pollard in an argument for the the non-existence of The Manning Boost is crazy. Manning, old and battered as he was, finally got a D and he won a Super Bowl. That's no coincidence.

4. RockyHill

RockyHill Loves Auburn more than Tennessee.

Dude. I'm not ashamed to be permanently pro Peyton, but come on. Peyton sucked all year.

5. VictrixRapax

VictrixRapax New Member

I was talking about the last year of The Decker Era in Denver. Peyton tossed for nearly 5,000 yards and 39 TDs. While hatvol96 is correct about Decker putting up numbers with Tebow, Decker's numbers nearly doubled once Peyton got to town in 2012.

6. RockyHill

RockyHill Loves Auburn more than Tennessee.

So you said Peyton finally got a D and won a SB but you weren't talking about this year?

7. GahLee

GahLee Director of Conspiracy Theories, 8th Maxim

Brandon Stokley had a 1,000 yard season, I mean my god.

8. NashVol11

That's compared to Tim Tebow, though, in an offense that tried to throw as little as possible. Decker was running back punts for 90 yards and scoring a lot of touchdowns before Manning got there. He's not in a category with guys like Pollard and Clark who were only good when playing with Manning.

9. NashVol11

And double digit TDs IIRC. That's crazy.

10. hatvol96

hatvol96 Well-Known Member

The Bills never signed Decker. Are we talking about the same player?

11. hatvol96

You mean the year Manning did what he usually does and embarrassed himself in the postseason after making fantasy league dorks happy?

12. VictrixRapax

VictrixRapax New Member

Jets. My apologies. I was thinking of Fitzpatrick's old team for some reason.

13. hatvol96

Trent Dilfer hit him with a Super Bowl breaking TD. He's a guy with good hands. Also, Manning was always great at finding white guys down close.

14. rbroyles

rbroyles Chieftain

Plus 1

15. NashVol11

He was basically nothing before he got to Indy. Much more so than Decker

16. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

All of his wins he was clearly the best team. Cleveland upset nobody.

17. hatvol96

I will agree with that. However, I see Stokely the same way I see Welker. Play with a great one, get numbers. Play with someone like Geno Smith and end up in Arena League.

18. hatvol96

If you think they were better than the Detroit team they beat in the East finals, you have taken leave of your [dadgum] mind.

Last edited: May 20, 2016
  19. hatvol96

Only because he was on those teams. Name the best player he ever played with in Cleveland 1.0. Take him off that roster and every one of them are lottery teams. Your anti LeBron bias is noted and laughed at now. He had the audacity to use his leverage and assemble a super team and get rings. Dammit, doesn't the slave realize that isn't how it works. We all have to lay down for the guys in the button down shirts and the big banks. Keep ****ing the system, LeBron. You are our last hope.

20. hatvol96

Still waiting for an explanation why LBJ, D Wade, and Bosh can't practice self determination but the pretty boys in their tailored suits on Wall Street can suck each others ***** and team up with impunity.